Monday, February 2, 2009

Memory Verse

I had a difficult time deciding what verse the Lord was leading me to memorize for the 1st half of February. Yesterday, before we went to church, I asked to Lord to speak to me and give me a verse. I had several in mind, but none that really seemed like the right one... does that make sense?

We had a wonderful service yesterday. Siran Stacy, a former University of Alabama football player, came and gave his testimony of how the Lord has and is working in his life after he lost his wife and 4 of his 5 children in an automobile accident a little over a year ago... It was a very powerful service and it was truly amazing to see how something which I am certain the enemy meant for bad the Lord was able to take and use it for good and for His glory. What an amazing, redemptive God we serve!

Siran kept referencing a particular verse throughout his sermon yesterday and it just stuck with me. The Lord spoke through him and gave me my memory verse for the first half of February. It is 1 Corinthians 15:58:

"Therefore, my beloved brethen, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. "


We will have his sermon available on our church's website. As soon as the link is up I will let you all know about it... you would definitely be blessed, encouraged, and ministered to by listening to it.

post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Melanie said...

Wow... what a powerful verse!

I would certainly be interested in hearing the message from your service yesterday. I am always so amazed at how God takes such a horrible experience and works it for good. While I never wish for people to experience such losses, I never tire of hearing how God took the loss and turned it around.

Darlene said...

Great verse!
The service yesterday was so wonderful!!! I have talked about it all day at work. Several of my friends who couldn't come are wanting to hear his message. You could feel the annointing.

Blessings,
Darlene

Lisa said...

That is a profound verse considering the story you shared. Yes, let me know when the link is up!