Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday


"Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving."
Colossians 4:2

Today I am thankful for:
  • The privilege of prayer... how thankful I am that I can pray anywhere, anytime, for any reason! And I am very thankful that my Savior wants me to pray! He wants me to communicate with Him!
  • I am thankful for my children and how precious they are... check back tomorrow for a video I plan to share with you that I took last night. I think it will bless you socks off! You can also go here to check out my new blog dedicated just to them!
  • I am thankful for sinus and allergy medicine! I have been battling a head cold so today we had to get out in this COLD weather to go to our local CVS to get me some medicine... it is already working! Thank you Jesus!
  • I am thankful for my procrastinating friends who are motivating me to get some of my projects done around here... you can check us out here! Make sure you read about the Lady and the cordless drill (that would be me!)
  • I am thankful for our warm home, warm clothes to wear, a van that has a heater, and warm food to eat...
  • I am thankful that God is in control!
  • I am thankful for hot chocolate on cold days!
  • I am thankful God is preparing my heart and my mind to homeschool my children next year! I pray he also prepares my children!!
  • I am thankful for my computer... I use it so much for lots of different things...
  • I am thankful for my Redeemer, and that He loved me enough to redeem me!!


What are you thankful for today? If you stop and think you can always find things to be thankful for... I encourage you to do just that; and then give thanks to the One who gave us all the many things we can be thankful for! For more TT posts visit Grace Alone.

post signature

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, my.. the privilege of prayer! What an awesome and powerful gift we have been given from God. I, too, find myself praying all throughout the day in a variety of situations and places. I can't imagine it being any other way!

Happy Thankful Thursday, Tricia!

Angela said...

The privilege of prayer... how thankful I am that I can pray anywhere, anytime, for any reason! And I am very thankful that my Savior wants me to pray! He wants me to communicate with Him!
amen amen amen sister!! I could just cry because of this. That the King of kings and the Lord of lords desires this from us, that He would care so greatly about us..oh my...brings me to my knees in adoration!!

Laurie Ann said...

That's my verse for the year! I love it! Prayer is an awesome privelege, isn't it? Great post today, Tricia. Praising God for your list of blessings and praying you're feeling better soon. Happy Thankful Thursday.

Jennifer said...

It is truly a privilege to pray to our Heavenly Father anytime..day or night. Where would we be if we couldn't pray? I can't imagine.

Once again I am leaving your site totally blessed, my friend by you precious, thankful heart.

I will have to check out the other sites tomorrow. As for now...going to get a power nap...we are going to Winter Jam starring Toby Mac, Brandon Heath, New Song and many more tonight.

((hugs))

June said...

I am glad you are feeling better.

Happy TT
June

Denise said...

Such a lovely thankful list.

DeeDee said...

Beautiful List -
Beautiful Spirit!

Blessings,
DeeDee

Marsha said...

It's a good thing you are preparing yourself now for home school, planning ahead. You're not such a procrastinator afterall!

Have a blessed weekend.