Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things - and the things that are not - to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before Him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:26-31


Today I am giving thanks for:
  • The verse above... God has used this verse to speak to my heart and to minister to me this week. What a wonderful verse this is! I praise God that my boast is in Him! Without Him I could do nothing good or meaningful... He is my wisdom, my righteousness, my holiness, and my redemption!
  • The fact that God IS my strength! I praise Him for sustaining me, for restoring my health, my energy and endurance, and for enabling me to do all He has called me to do.
  • A new relationship He has brought into my life with a precious lady of God... I look forward to the times of fellowship we will have together sharing about our struggles and triumphs, and about how God is at work in our lives and in the lives of our family members.
  • The guidance the Lord is giving me in preparing to home school in the fall...
  • The fact that God can redeem every part of our lives and use it somehow for His glory! As Beth Moore said in our study this week, "You can not amputate your history from your destiny." God uses it to make you who you are! How awesome is that!
  • The fact that I am now ready for our Mother of Multiples consignment sale!! My van is loaded and ready to leave later this afternoon!
  • The fact that from this afternoon until Saturday morning I will have no motherly or wifely duties!! I will be working at the sale and daddy will be in charge of the kids... I hope they have fun together doing guy stuff! I will enjoy the fellowship with all the other ladies!
  • The wonderful weather today! It is absolutely gorgeous outside...
  • For new life... a friend from church had her baby this week. I have only seen pictures but he is precious!
  • For kind words sent unexpectedly from friends... they lift my heart and bring me encouragement...

I encourage you to take time to think about all that you have to be thankful for today! It just might put a bounce in your step! For more TT posts visit Grace Alone.


A side note... this post just does not look right without the TT button. However, whenever I click on the icon to add a picture it saves my post rather than taking me to the thingy to add a picture... anyone else having this problem? It is driving me crazy!!

post signature

3 comments:

Denise said...

Such lovely blessings.

Jennifer said...

Hey Tricia! Great post and a powerful scripture!!!

I enjoyed your wonderful list of thankfuls.

Need to catch up on your blog...things have been crazy around here the past few weeks.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. I am encouraged and lifted also by what you wrote.Indeed we cannot boast of anything but our GOD. Thanks for sharing!