Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thankful Thursdays


"O Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon His name, make known His doings among the peoples! Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; meditate on and talk of all His marvelous deeds and devoutly praise them. Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those rejoice who seek and require the Lord [as their indispensable necessity]." Psalm 105:1-3




Today I am thankful for:
  • For God blessing me with His Spirit and the way His Spirit can work wonders in my heart when I surrender, submit, and yield to Him!
  • For the blessings that come with obedience, especially with radical obedience! We are studying "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God" at church, and this week God really spoke to me through the chapter for this coming Sunday nights class... good stuff!
  • For the peace that surpasses all understanding that only He can give!
  • For precious, memorable moments spent with my children this week... no really big things, just small daily blessings that I am so thankful for...
  • For my husband going out of his way to do little things for me to let me know that he loves me so!
  • For cooler, enjoyable weather and meals enjoyed together on our back porch...
  • For God's provisions, no matter how bad things appear to us, our Lord always provides for His own, and that so graciously...
  • For quiet, peaceful moments when my children are napping, or at least having quiet time in their rooms...
  • For books to read... oh how I love to read, and my children love me to read to them! What a blessing books can be!
  • For my mother, today is her birthday! The boys and I are going to meet her to go to a Children's Hands-On museum and out to lunch!

What are you thankful for today? We can always find things to be thankful for, even in the midst of hard and trying times, and focusing on our blessings helps put joy back into our hearts! I would love to hear how God has blessed you, leave me a comment and let me know!

For more TT posts visit Sting My Heart.

post signature

10 comments:

Darlene said...

Great list of thanks! I too like the cooler days. I hope to sit by my pool this afternoon and read some.
I hope you enjoy spending time with your mom and that it makes great memories.
Have a fabulous day,
Darlene

DeeDee said...

Wonderful list Tricia..
Have fun with your mom and the boys!

Krista said...

Great post! I am thankful for your friendship and your prayers! Have a great week,
Krista

Melanie said...

Love your list, Tricia! So many of them are special moments to me as well... special time with our children, a terrific husband that shows me regularly how much he loves me, etc.

Enjoy your day with your mom on her birthday!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Debra Kaye said...

Tricia,

What a beautiful TT post...I enjoyed it so much! I loved your radical obedience equals blessings statement....it is soooo true!!

Blessings to you!!

Anonymous said...

Great Thankful list and Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Anonymous said...

So often it's the wonderful little daily things I am thankful for, I can see you feel that way too :) God is so good to us each day in so many ways! Thanks for sharing your blessings :)

Nancie said...

Thank God for His many blessings upon you! I am so thankful too for peace that surpasses all understanding that only He can give! So sweet of your husband to go out of his way to do little things for you. Thank God for giving you precious family. Happy birthday to your mother! Thanks for sharing with us. Take care and have a blessed weekend!

Tracy said...

What an awesome list of blessings. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you had a wonderful time with your Mom on her birthday!

Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and encouragement all throughout this week. I thank God for your friendship.

{{Hugs}}
Tracy

Tracy said...

Hi Tricia,
Hope today finds you well! I've tagged you on my blog. Please drop by when you have a moment.

Blessings,
Tracy