Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursdays



"It is a good and delightful thing to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to Your name, O Most High. To show forth Your lovingkindness in the morning and Your faithfulness by night." Psalm 92:1-2 (The Amplified Bible)




Today I am giving thanks:
  • For God's Word, and for the fact that God longs to have fellowship with me, and He longs to satisfy my every longing and need, and He does!!
  • For the fact that God continually works on me and that He never gives up, although He probably does become frustrated with me at times. Lately God has been doing a little "heart work", doing what only He can do to make my heart more pleasing to Him, to make it a better place for Him to dwell, to tabernacle... now isn't that just an awesome thing! God wants to tabernacle with us!
  • For my wonderful husband and his desire to do his absolute best at everything he does...
  • For the "flowers" the boys bring home to me each day when I pick them up from 4K. They eagerly jump in the van with a handful of weeds and proudly tell me of the "flowers" they have picked just for me! We have to put them in a vase right away when we get home, and they usually admire them for days!
  • For my health... I am so thankful to be healthy, and I think that sometimes I take my health for granted.
  • For the health of my children and my husband... I know so many people who are sick, who have sick loved ones, or who have children who are sick or recovering from accidents, our life can change in an instant, and I am grateful that for today we are healthy.
  • For a great time of fellowship last weekend with other believers here at our house, we had good food, good fellowship and sharing, and good music as we sang with Matt while he played his guitar.
  • For the cooler weather! The past few days have felt absolutely wonderful! The boys have thoroughly enjoyed playing outside and my morning runs have been less sweaty :)
  • For lunches out... I just love meeting a friend for lunch, for fellowship and for good food!
  • For praise and worship music that leads me to the throne of God...

What are you thankful for today? It will fill your heart with joy and create in you an attitude of gratitude if you will just stop and think on what God has blessed you with, and thank Him for it!
For more WFW posts visit Sting My Heart.


post signature


7 comments:

Krista said...

I am thankful for great friends who care enough to ask me what's wrong at church and for their sweet comments and hugs! Love you, friend!

Krista

DeeDee said...

It is a Thankful Thursday...

You always have such a good way of wording what is on your heart.

Thanks to you - friend- you are a blessing

Nancie said...

It's so sweet of your boys to pick those "flowers" for you :) Children are so precious. Thank God that you had a great time of fellowship last weekend. I treasure time with friends too as we share together about God's goodness and mercies to us. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and have a blessed weekend!

sharon brobst said...

Tricia what a blessing your post was. I especially loved the first one!! I whole heartedly agree!!

Tracy said...

What a beautiful list of "thankfuls" Tricia! You've reminded me of a number of things I tend to take for granted. There is truly such power in a grateful heart! Thanks for encouraging me and others by sharing your blessings.

Hugs,
Tracy

P.S. that photo of you and the boys (your profile pic) warms my heart! Those boys love their Momma!

Unknown said...

Tricia, you encourage me so much. I just love *knowing* there are women like you out there. (((Blessings))) And are you and Krista real life friends? You guys are truly blessed!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Loved the picture I saw in my mind of your boys and their flowers for you. Precious!

And I am thankful for people this week and every week.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Tiffany