As a surprise for my sweet husband, in honor of his birthday, a wonderful friend kept the boys from Friday afternoon until bedtime Saturday night! It was absolutely wonderful and he was truly surprised! I dropped the boys off around 5, and James was not due home until 6:30, so I treated myself to a relaxing bubble bath without interruptions! Then I prepared a candlelight dinner served at our new dining room table :) We had yummy steaks, sweet potatoes, salad, rolls, and white chocolate bread pudding. When James arrived home, there was a note on the door that said, "The birthday celebration continues.... just you and me.... come on in!"
The next morning we were able to sleep in! What a luxury that was, I don't think we ate breakfast until 10 o'clock. We then decided to travel just a little way to Rickwood Caverns, where we had a nice picnic lunch, toured the cave there, and went for a hike on one of the hiking trails. We then headed back to town and ate dinner at one of our favorite restaurants we had not eaten at in a while, La Paz.
Our whole getaway was wonderful and much needed. We felt like we were teenagers dating again, it was a great time of renewal for our marriage and just some good, fun fellowship with each other. Thank you so much Sandra and Joe, you will never know what a blessing it was to us, and the boys had loads of fun with the two of you!
Then this past weekend I worked the local Mother of Multiples consignment sale. It was a successful sale, for buyers and sellers alike :) I was able to find most of the boys clothes for the fall and winter, as well as an organizer for their toys in their playroom, and a few toys. I took a van load of items to sale, and only came home with a storage tote of stuff. I sold 2 baby beds, 2 pack-n-plays, a double stroller, a telescope, and lots of clothes, toys, and puzzles. It feels so good to have that extra stuff out of the house! The boys have officially moved upstairs and I will be moving our bookcases downstairs into their old room and making the room like a study or library, I can't wait! Anyone want to come help move some bookcases?
So this week is so much slower and I am definitely enjoying it. I cleaned my whole house yesterday, and washed lots of clothes. Today we went to vote and are now back at home just enjoying being here. Slow rainy days are really nice sometimes aren't they?













1 comment:
Sounds like you have had a very relaxing last couple of weeks! Good for you, you deserve it. What a blessing a rainy day can bring. Everytime it rains now, I think of the Ladies Conference where she said we pray and pray for rain and then when we get it; we run. So I am thankful that the rain is a reminder for me regarding some spiritual matters I have been praying about.
Love you,
Krista
Post a Comment