Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thankful Thursdays


"Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High, and call on Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall honor and glorify Me. ... He who brings an offering of praise and thanksgiving honors and glorifies Me; and he who orders his way aright [who prepares the way that I may show him], to him I will demonstrate the salvation of God." Psalm 50:14-15, 23 (Amplified Bible)



Today I am thankful for:
  • My husband, he is just so sweet! We normally pray every morning, but today our routine was a little different and he had to leave earlier than normal and we did not pray before he left. Well, I did not really even think about it, but he called later and said he wanted to pray with me since we didn't get to before he left... that just blessed my heart so!
  • Our ladies banquet at church tonight! It is going to be very nice, with good food, good music, a human video, door prizes, and an anointed, Holy Spirit filled message by our very own DeeDee. We have 82 women coming! The theme is "What Happens When Calera Baptist Women say "Yes" to God!"
  • God's provisions in my life, both physically and spiritually... He so graciously provides for each and every need we have!
  • A great start last night to the youth Bible study I am teaching, "Lies Young Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free."
  • God's Holy Spirit, and the fact that when I get depleted all I have to do is ask to be filled again, seeking Him, and He fills me up again!
  • God's Word and the power it has to transform our lives!
  • Fellowship with friends! We had friends over for dinner Monday night and had a wonderful time! It was so great to have some adult conversation!
  • Chocolate Birthday cake!
  • The ability, motivation, and time to exercise in the mornings.
  • The much needed rain we received this week!

So what are you thankful for today? Take time to stop and thank our Lord for the many things, big and little, that you have to be thankful for. For more TT posts visit Iris over at Sting My Heart.

post signature




7 comments:

Krista said...

I am so excited about the banquet tonight too and I also listed that as something I am thankful for.

Thankful for your friendship as well!
Krista

Darlene said...

Great list of thanks! Chocolate cake sounds yummy!!! I am so stressed I could probably eat the whole dang thing!
See you tonight at the banquet!
Darlene

Kristi said...

Oh, I love that your husband did that! And, I enjoy a good chocolate cake too, the frosting is my fave! Blessings to you!

Susan said...

Wow, how exciting!! That's so neat about the banquet and then you teaching that book.

I read the one for women, and it was incredible.

Blessings to you and your family this TT♥

Denise said...

Such a sweet thankful list.

Nancie said...

Lovely thankful list! It is so sweet of your husband to call you and said he wanted to pray with you. Thank God for such a godly and loving husband! He is so precious! I love Chocolate Birthday cake too! Thank God for that! Friends are such special gifts from God. Thank God for blessing you with wonderful friendships. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and God bless you and family!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Was it your birthday? If so, Happy Birthday.

I'm sure that book the Lies Young Women Believe will be wonderful. I read the adult version. Powerful.

Sounds like you've had wonderful connections lately. I feel your thankful heart.

Love from Colorado,
Tiffany