Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

"Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities;
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit;
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle." Psalm 103:1-5


Today I am thankful for:
  • The LORD and all of His benefits! His forgiveness, His healing, His redemption, His lovingkindness and compassion, and for the contentment and satisfaction I find in Him.
  • The fact that God's Word is living and active... His Word really pierced my heart yesterday afternoon as I was doing some reading and showed me some things I need to work on in my heart... hopefully I can share that soon.
  • A much slower week this week! It has been absolutely wonderful, and I feel as if I have been able to focus on my family this week like I should.
  • Much needed rain!
  • A successful consignment sale this past weekend.
  • For a friend who surprised me with a nice new blouse this week for no reason what so ever! How nice is that! And it fits perfectly!
  • The time, energy, and motivation to clean my house this week!
  • Cold glasses of water with fresh lemon squeezed in them, so refreshing!
  • The fact that we have no plans for this upcoming holiday weekend and we can just relax and enjoy being together as a family!
  • For the friends God has placed in my life!

So what are you thankful for today? I encourage you to take the time to stop and be thankful, make your own list, and thank God for each thing on your list. For more TT posts visit Iris over at Sting My Heart.

post signature


6 comments:

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Tricia-
Thanks for stopping by...I always love meeting another sister in the Lord.

And yes, to answer your comment on my blog...Nicole C. Mullen's One Touch....I heard it for the first time at a Women of Faith Conference this summer and it is the first song on my blog playlist. N.C.M is amazing and her performance of "One Touch"....I was raising my hands to God and bawling tears of joy, redemption and healing....the God we serve is awe inspiring and never ceases to amaze me!

Have a wonderful day. Your post today blessed me.

In Christ-Stacy

Krista said...

That is a great list of thanks! I am thankful for God's word; that he draws me to it and speaks to me where I need Him daily. I am also thankful for friends who encourage and motivate (I need a little motivation from time to time.) What a coincidence? I am also thankful for a friend who bought me a very nice suit jacket with the tags still on it! And it, too, fit!

Blessings all mine,
Krista

Carrie said...

Thank God for ths Holy Scriptures! they have all we need to meet life's challenges every day...soo encouraging!

Denise said...

You have such a lovely heart, bless you.

Kristi said...

That was a wonderful TT list. We don't have plans for the 3 day weekend either and I am so thankful for that too. Blessings.

Michele Williams said...

So lovely. Thank you for sharing your heart.