We were asked to read Isaiah 46:3-5:
Listen to Me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. To whom will you compare me or count me equal? To whom will you liken Me that we may be compared?
We were then asked to look back over our lives since we came to know Christ and list ways that He has sustained us. I just wanted to share my list, and encourage you to come up with your own list of how our Lord and Savior has sustained and carried you. Here is mine...
My God has sustained me through:
- heartache and broken relationships
- wounds from friends, intentional wounds and unintentional wounds
- seasons of loneliness
- times of extreme stress
- frazzled moments of motherhood
- tough times financially
- sheer exhaustion
- 2 1/2 weeks of hospitalization due to pre-term labor
- disappointments and let-downs by family and friends
- sickness, my own and that of family members
My list really could go on quite a bit longer, but you get the point. Now it is your turn, how has God sustained you in your walk with Him?













2 comments:
God has sustained me through a lot of hurt, disappointment, self doubt; but the most meaningful time in my life was when were going through the Breaking Free Bible study years ago. I was stilling carrying wounds and heartache from childhood abuse and the betrayal and abondonment by my real mother. When God helped me to break free from those chains it was a defining moment for me. And...sustaining me when Satan tries to throw the past up again and again. He reminds me who I am in Him and of my future.
I enjoyed our time today! Lots of fun!
Krista
I'm also meditating on modern day idols. But you knew that :D Glad to know I'm not alone.
Post a Comment