Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thankful Thursdays




"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"

2 Corinthians 9:15




Today I am giving thanks for:
  • My salvation and my relationship with my Lord & Savior! I am so glad that He knows me and I know Him, I just long to know Him better, deeper, more!!
  • I am thankful for the help, love, and support of my Lord and Savior; "Unless the LORD had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. When I said, 'My foot is slipping, ' your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." from Psalm 94
  • The fact that I won the blog design contest hosted by Blessed! I can't wait to get my new look!! Keep checking back so you won't miss it!!
  • For our screened in back porch, for the nice weather that allows us to eat our meals out there, and for the fact that my kitchen table and floor stay much cleaner when we get to eat on the porch!!
  • For my sweet husband who just called to see if we could eat lunch together!! (the boys are at 3-k right now!!)
  • For precious friends who leave sweet comments on my blog that make me cry!
  • For the opportunity to exercise outside everyday before my husband leaves for work, and the motivation and energy to do so!
  • For my children, for their abundant love, hugs, and kisses!!
  • For all the artwork on my refrigerator and everywhere! (They can tell if one is missing so I do not dare remove one without their permission!)
  • For Publix!! My favorite grocery store!

Don't forget to be thankful today! It just does something for your heart to sit and think about all that you are thankful for, and to acknowledge Him who gives you all things for which you are thankful! For more thankful Thursday posts head on over to Sting My Heart. What are you thankful for today?

16 comments:

Amanda said...

Picked you up from TT on sting my heart. Great things to be thankful for. I especially liked the Kitchen table clean thankfulness and the motivation to exercise outside in AM thankfulness. What a hoot!! I'll be back to read more.

Lisa said...

Wonderful TT list! And I am thankful to be able to do a design makeover for you! I look forward to seeing your response to the questionnaire. I'll be out of town for the weekend, so I'll be in touch next week!

Blessings,
Elisa

bp said...

Hello! I enjoyed your list. I liked the one about eating out in your screened in porch and that keeping the kitchen clean. Hope you and your hubby enjoyed lunch

Darlene said...

Wonderful thankful list. I am glad you are getting some hubby time. Congrats on winning the blog makeover. I can't wait to see.
Have a great week!

Mitzi said...

Congrats on the contest. I think that you have one of the most uplifting blogspots I have read. Keep it up. I look forward to reading more.

Linda aka yellowroseli said...

Great TT post. Nice to have a hubby who is thoughtful. Three boys, you must be kept busy. Blessings to you

Charlotte said...

Congratulations on winning the Blessings contest. This is the first time I have visited your blog. I love the title. I'll be looking forward to seeing the design makeover.

Denise said...

Thanks for being so grateful.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Such wonderful things to be thankful for! Congrats on the blog design too! What fun!!!

Melanie said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see your new blog makeover. How fun is that going to be?!

Sounds like you've had a week just full of blessings! I, too, find those hugs from the kids mighty special and definitely something for which to be thankful.

SUNSHINE MOM said...

Congrats on your win! I can't wait to see your new blog.

Chelle' said...

Congrats on winning the blog design contest.... Can't wait to see all she does for your site.

And happy Thankful Thursday.

a portland granny said...

You won! and because of that my curiosity brought me to your blog. I loved your thankful list for today. Giving thanks is such an important part of life....and I am guilty of forgetting to be thankful sometimes.

Its interesting you have a quote from Jim Elliot in your heading. He was quite a guy! I knew him well. I even have a blog about him you might enjoy.

I'm so glad I found your blog and I'm anxious to visit often.

Looks like you have two little cuties. I loved the boxes they were playing with. It doesn't take much to make the little ones happy, does it?

Enjoy your new look. I'm thinking about doing something like that, but I still have so many things to learn about making my blog function better. i.e. I would love to know how to get some different fonts other than their choices!

Have a great week-end.
Joan

eph2810 said...

Wow - girl - congratulations on winning the contest. I am looking forward seeing your new design by Elisa :)
Glad that you are able to sit outside enjoying the outdoors. How fun.

I so love your last statement - a thankful/grateful heart does something to you.

Thank you so much for sharing yours this week with us.

Be blessed today and always...

Unknown said...

can't wait to see your new "look"! How exciting, and eating outdoors... ahhh, can't wait till we can do that! Blessings!

Sass said...

Great list. You sound like you know how to live in the moment.

Congrats on winning a makeover. I'll be checking it out.