Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thankful Thursdays




"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18




Today I am giving thanks to God my Father:
  • For answered prayers!!
  • For the fact that my God is the God who works wonders! (Ps. 77:14)
  • For the fact that God gives us of His Spirit without measure! (John 3:34) (I know that I desperately need an unlimited supply!!)
  • For the wonderful ways that my husband provides for our family!
  • For the way God works in my life through trials and hard times...
  • For the pure joy that my boys find in just simple everyday things... Last night David went on a short trip to Wal-Mart with me, just me and him, and he had the BEST time! He was so excited to be all by himself with mommy!!
  • For our wonderful home!
  • For my roses that are blooming! They were previous gifts for Mother's Day and birthday, and they are the gift that keeps on giving! I love cutting them and putting them in vases around the house!
  • For modern conveniences like dishwashers, washers, and dryers...
  • For good books to read...
So, what are you thankful for today? I know you can find something to be thankful for!

For more thankful Thursday posts head on over to Sting My Heart.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Really nice thankful post sweetie.

Darlene said...

Great lists! I love roses...Andrea gave me a rose bush one year and I loved watching it every year. When we moved I wanted to bring it too. But, Joey didn't want to dig it up. LOL
Have a great week.
Happy Mother's Day on Sunday!

Tanja said...

I love your list. I like that you included both spiritual gifts and tangible things, like books and a dishwasher! :-) We have twins, too, but they are boy/girl. They're our youngest, and will turn six this year. Our older son is getting ready to turn 8 and I wonder where the time went. Your boys are darling!