
Philippians 1:3-5
“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now,”
Today I want to give thanks for the people God has used mightily in my life to encourage me in my walk with Him and to help me grow spiritually…
Marisa – a Godly woman who loves the Word of God, she lives it and breathes it! God used her to teach me His Word, and to give me a hunger and thirst for His Word and for more of Him in my life! She is also a powerful prayer warrior who guided me in the beginning stages of my prayer life.
Charles – a Godly man who prays as if he knows God inside and out! He taught me soooo much about prayer and about boldly approaching the throne of grace. I spent many hours praying with him in the prayer room, and what a blessing those hours have been to me!
Denise & Kim – Two Godly single women whom I spent many hours and weekends with during my single days. We would get together and spend our time digging into God’s Word and spending time on our knees in prayer about anything and everything going on in our lives. Those were some of the best times, we really had no worries and no huge responsibilities; we could just spend hours “soaking” in the presence of the Lord. How wonderful those times were!
Craig & Jamie – a Godly couple who love Jesus with all that they are! Craig prayed over my first date with my husband, and then he and Jamie became our “unofficial mentors” as we dated. We spent many hours in prayer with them in the prayer room at our church on Sundays. It is very fitting that he was the one to marry us and pronounce us “man and wife.” We were the first wedding ceremony that he performed!!
Elaine – another Godly lady God placed in my life for a short season, but meaningful none the less! Elaine was the first teacher I sat under after having children, and boy did I need to learn what she had to share! I thank God for teachers of His Word who speak the Truth with boldness and without fear! The words she spoke pierced my heart and helped me to allow God to work on me to make me a better wife and mommy.
DeeDee – a precious Godly lady whom God is currently using in my life! I have sat under DeeDee’s leadership for several Bible studies now, and God always speaks something to me through her that draws me to Him and makes me hungry for more of Him in my life. DeeDee shares from her heart and from her life, and her love for Jesus is so very evident in how she cares for her family and for others. She has taught me countless things, and I am blessed to have her in my life!
So, who has been an instrument in your spiritual life that you would like to give thanks for? I would love to hear from you!
For more Thankful Thursday posts visit Iris over at Sting My Heart.













9 comments:
Great tribute to the encouragers in your life! I like how you listed each one and how God has used them to help you grow. You always have such a great way with words. I look forward each week to see your posts!
Happy TT!
That is awesome that you have some great people in your life to encourage you! Your blog is beautiful.
Praise God for faithful friends.
I think the special friends we have in Christ are some of God's greatest gifts to us. I am so glad you have had such wonderful people in your life as you've grown in Christ. They really do make all the difference!
Your blog is absolutely beautiful! I love it. How neat to have such amazing people to encourage you throughout your life!
Thank you Tricia...
You are a special blessing to me also.
This is such a sweet thankful list!
Thank God for so many wonderful friends He has placed in your life and the ways He has used them to help you to grow in Him. Godly and loving friends are special gifts from God. May you be blessed always!
Tricia,
Wow, I lvoe this post. The friendships you have a rich and a wonderful example. I was especially touched by the words you had for your single girlfriends. How I wish I had had women in my life like your friends when I was single.
Excellent. Thank you for sharing your friends with me.
Hey Trica,
Thanks so much for stopping by! Oh what a wonderful group of people the Lord has blessed you with.
I'm sure they love you and you are a blessing to them too!
Have a great weekend♥
Post a Comment