I am feeling tired, weary, and in need of rest, physically as well as spiritually...
I thought things were going to slow down drastically in March, but that doesn't look like it will be happening now. Last week we really had no major things on our calendar for March and now it is quickly filling up, some things of which I can not say no to; so I will just have to ask the Lord to give me extra strength, energy, and endurance to do these things as He would have me to.
I feel I am overextended in the things I am committed to in my life right now. None of these things are bad things, they are all good things, "fruit bearing" things, but I truly feel they are taking me away from my family too much. My #1 calling in life at this time is to be a wife and a mother. I really feel right now that the Lord is telling me to look closely at the things at my life, to lay them all down before His feet, and allow Him to show me what I need to step back from. So I will be saying "No" to more "things" now and "yes" to more time for and with my family.
So that is what I am going to do, because I want so badly to be a Godly wife and mother, and for my family to get my best and not my leftovers. I want to focus on my calling at this season in my life, I want to bear fruit as a wife and a mommy, and I want to honor God by doing what He has called me to do.
Just my thoughts for today...
November 2019
6 years ago













2 comments:
I think sometimes I get so busy and have so many things going that I am not focused or good at any of the things I am doing. I bet it is better to be good at 1 thing than to do all of them halfway. I too have had so much going on that I feel like giving up on all of them. You have inspired me to ask God for direction and see where HE wants me to keep the focus.
I've felt this way at times...I think all moms have!
Post a Comment