Friday, March 28, 2008

Birds in the attic, or not!?

Well, today has turned out to be an interesting day so far. I headed upstairs this morning to have my quiet time before being bombarded with my daily duties of a wife and mom. I was all nice and cozy on our little couch upstairs, with my Bibles and prayer journal next to me, and I heard some birds chirping. I didn't really think much of it, but then I heard it again and it sounded like there were birds in our house! It sounded like they were coming from our attic!

So downstairs I go to wake up my husband and tell him that I think we have birds in our attic. I woke James up and went back upstairs. A little while later he appears, with work gloves on, a hat on, a trash bag and a crowbar. He opened the windows in the room we were in and took the screens off (and our cat Bootsie tries to go out the window onto the roof, wouldn't that have been an adventure!). He goes into the attic and cannot find any signs of birds, and I can no longer hear them chirping. Now I feel real silly that I woke him up and everything and there was really nothing in the attic.

James then goes outside to look at our roof, and there next to the whirly bird (or whatever the real name for that thing on your roof is) is a little bird, chirping, just like I had heard earlier. I guess the whirly bird just transferred the sound and made it sound like it was inside the attic. James was really sweet and didn't even get mad or complain that I had woken him up, I then left to go for my morning walk.

Well, just a little while ago the boys were playing happily upstairs, when all of a sudden I hear David start screaming and I hear thud, thud, thud. David had fallen down the stairs while trying to carry his big crane truck down, and he did not let go of that truck the whole way down. Paul was really sweet and went and got David's favorite bear for him while I was holding him and checking for injuries. You will be glad to know we had no blood, no broken bones, and no holes or scratches on the wall. David's only complaint was that his face was hurting (it looked like he may have bitten the inside of his check). He has recovered quickly and he and Paul are now reading books to each other and to their animals! I am so blessed that they love each other and play so well together most of the time!




4 comments:

Darlene said...

I am glad it wasn't squirrels. A co-worker had flying squirrels in their attic. It was funny listening to her stories. You should have taken a picture of James in his outfit this morning! I can picture his expression now!
Your boys are so sweet.
Have a great weekend!!

Darlene said...

I am trying something new on my blog and was just checking to see if it worked. I know ...I am crazy. But, it sure is fun.

Unknown said...

Joey and I were laughing out loud with the bird story. I can see James coming to the rescue! Enjoy days of nice play between the boys!

Melanie said...

Hi, Tricia. I'm so glad you stopped by today. God will be with you and your family in whatever lies ahead. I'll be praying for you.