My boys are going to 3-K this year. Every month they have a Bible verse to memorize. This month's verse is Psalm 136:1, which is "Give thanks to God." I thought it would be neat for us to make "Thankfulness Boxes." We took 2 empty kleenex boxes, covered them with construction paper, wrote the verse on the top, and the boys decorated them. They thought this was lots of fun, and it kept them occupied one evening while I was cooking dinner :)
So, every evening while we have dinner we go around the table and tell what we are thankful for from that day. I write them down and put them in our "Thankfulness Boxes." We plan to read all of these together as a family on Thanksgiving. I do not give them any prompts, other than, "What are you thankful for from today?" We have gotten some really cute and really sweet responses, here are some of the things they are thankful for:
Paul:
- I am thankful you didn't take my dumptruck away.
- Thankful for making me raisins and chips tonight.
- I am thankful for God making me.
- I am thankful for daddy coming home.
- I am thankful for Henry (a train).
- I am thankful for you not going bye-bye during nap (now what this is about I do not know, I never leave them at home alone during nap, I guess he is just thankful for that!!)
David:
- God
- Thankful for playing with Lightening McQueen
- I am thankful for mommy holding me.
- For daddy.
- I am thankful for Henry.
- I am thankful for my big pumpkin ya'll bought me.
- For daddy opening my applesauce.













4 comments:
how precious !
i miss those days!!! How sweet, and quit leaving those boys at home alone during nap time....
How adorable!
They are too cute!!
Jennifer R.
Post a Comment