This week our chapter is on being single with a purpose, the point being that God has a purpose for every season in your life, even your season of singleness. She lists several "reasons" in the book for seasons of singleness, and it led me to ponder my single years ( I didn't get married until I was 29). I came up with a list of purposes for my season of singleness to share with the girls tonight, and thought I would share them with all of you in "blog land." So here they are:
The purposes of my singleness:
- It taught me to depend on God and not guys and/or girlfriends.
- It taught me that God actually is enough!
- I learned that the only way to true contentment is through having a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- It gave me extra time to dig into, study, and fall in love with God’s Word.
- It enabled me to learn how to live a Spirit-filled life, a life controlled by the Spirit of God, so that now it is God and His Spirit who enables and empowers me to be the wife and mom God has called me to be.













No comments:
Post a Comment