

Yesterday Paul & David were in their 1st musical production, their 3-K Thanksgiving Program! They looked so adorable in their little Indian shirts and headpieces, up there on the stage with all the other 3 year olds. I thought I had prepared well for their first production. I had my digital camera along with my digital video camera, both had fully charged batteries and were ready to go; but I forgot to bring my tissues!! I had thought to put them in my purse, but in the hustle and bustle of getting everyone out the door on time I forgot to grab them.
Well, by the time I got the boys to their class they were both almost in tears. They were upset because I had not brought their lunch boxes, and they did not want the special "Thanksgiving Feast" the school had prepared for us after the program. They are so picky that just the thought of eating "big boy food" brings them to tears. Then more tears started to come when they realized they were going to have to wear their Indian shirts and headpieces; I left them with Mrs. Lori to get them calmed down and went to find some good seats, wondering if my children were even going to participate!!
The program started with a nice devotional about how our children grow up so fast, how it seems like they were just born yesterday, and how we need to treasure every moment with them. This brought a few tears to my eyes, (tears of joy) but nothing that I really needed a tissue for. Then, a lady gets up to sing, and she starts singing "My Redeemer Lives", one of my absolute favorites; then the tears start to well up in my eyes (I am so terribly emotional, I cry almost every Sunday in church). I look over at James, because he always has tissues in his pocket, and he looks at me and dies laughing because I am crying, and this time he had no tissues!! So I start to pray, "Ok, Lord, you know I love this song and how it usually makes me boo hoo, please help me to not cry so much; please help me get control of myself." And the Lord did just that, He dried up my tears and I didn't need a tissue after all!
Then all the kids entered the sanctuary, and when Paul and David saw us their little faces just lit right up!! They looked so precious! And I was so proud when they willingly stood on the stage and participated!! They sang 5 or 6 songs, and they both did most of the hand motions. Paul sang so loud I could hear him above the other kids, he sounded so precious. I was and am so very proud of my boys, they bring me much joy, and I am very thankful for their sweet and precious lives. Now I can sit on my couch with my box of tissues and watch their video from yesterday, and cry all the tears of joy that I want to!!
What brings you joy, or even tears of joy? I would love for you to leave a comment and let me know.
"...The joy of the Lord is your strength" Nehemiah 8:10













5 comments:
let's see what brings me joy? I could list alot of different things. I'm gonna stick to the one that brings me the most joy right now, other than my heavenly father. Hearing my beautiful future wife, Brantley's voice on the phone. or being able to see her on the web cam. Just hearing her sweet voice, saying anything at all, but especially when she says "I love you" That brings more joy to me than I ever thought I could feel. Thanks for the blog and the prayers,
Jonathan Warren
Thanks for reading Jonathan, and thanks for sharing what brings you joy! And you are very welcome for my prayers, thank you so very much for serving!
Makes me think of one of my favorite verses - "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
I have posted an entire blog about it....
My husband brings me joy.
My family brings me joy.
My heart friends bring me joy.
My women's ministry team brings me joy.
My church family/friends bring me joy.
And just tonight - being able to chat on AOL IM with Jonathan on the other side of the world - brought this mom GREAT JOY!
love you gal!
~dd
When you share the things going on in your life...it brings back so many memories of Andrea for me. I cried at most of everything she was in. I am always so proud of her. Thanks for helping me to remember the good times!!
Post a Comment