Monday, November 5, 2007

Children

Children can be very frustrating and very cute, I have had one of each today!

Here is what happened... I was putting away towels that I had washed, dryed, and folded :) (they didn't stay in the dryer for a few days this time!) and I heard this noise outside in our back yard. I looked out our bedroom window and there was David throwing one of my really cute, decorative pumpkins against our fence! I immediately threw down my nicely folded towels and ran outside to put a stop to this! His response to "David, why are you throwing Mommy's pumpkin against the fence?" was, "It wasn't suppposed to be on the table , and I wanted to make it bust open." Well, they are not allowed to have their little pumpkins or any toys for that matter, on the table, and I had it as decor on the table in our foyer; and this Saturday Paul and David had a grand time busting their pumpkins out back and finding all the yucky seeds and gooey, stringy stuff inside; so I guess he was just thinking he would do that with Mommy's pumpkin. We had a nice little talk about Mommy's decorations throughout the house and how they are not for David or Paul, and a little discipline, and now my pumpkin is back on the table where it is supposed to be!

Now for the cute story from Paul... He was sitting on the potty doing what you do on the potty, and he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, my bottom burped! Isn't that funny!" Well I just thought that that was the cutest way to describe a "toot" and it has made me smile and chuckle all day, I hope it gives you a laugh too!

But all this got me to wondering, what have I done today that has frustrated my Father in Heaven, and what have I done today that maybe made Him chuckle and smile? Just something for you to ponder...

Blessings
Tricia

No comments: