Yesterday my boys and I had a really fun day. It was Veteran's Day, and lots of people were off of work, so I thought I would take a break from my normal Monday duties of cleaning house, and take the boys to a different park. In honor of Veteran's Day, we went to Veteran's park in Alabaster. I packed a picnic lunch, loaded the boys bikes into the trunk of my Camry (who says you need a mini-van!!), and off we went. They were very excited to be going somewhere different and asked me tons of questions on our short trip there, (which they thought was a very long way!)
The park was not crowded at all and we had a grand time. They rode, and rode, and rode their bikes. Their little legs were pedaling so fast, it was just adorable! Oh, and their squeals of delight as they coasted down the hills on their bikes, gave me such joy. I just love to hear their laughter, it is so precious! We stopped beside the lake and they had loads of fun just throwing sticks and rocks into the water. They wanted to go swimming, and just didn't quite understand why you can't swim in the fall, or why they weren't supposed to swim in the lake. To them it was water, and it was warm out, so why not go for a swim; just forget that they don't know how, didn't have a swimsuit, or their floaties!
We then went to the playground area where they had fun exploring different slides, tunnels, and ladders. We spread out our blanket and enjoyed our picnic, complete with all the perfect foods for my little picky eaters! They sang the blessing for me in unison, which is something they never do at home, they always want to do solos at home! I even treated them today with a cookie for dessert, they were so happy!
Before leaving we went for a shorter bike ride, during which we had our first crash of the day but no major injuries. Paul had stopped his bike and David drove right into him and knocked him over, we need to learn to ride around others, oh well.
It was a fun and enjoyable day, a nice break from our normal Monday routine. I am thankful for all who are serving and have served our country so we can enjoy life and have fun days with our families. It truly is a blessing to be an American!!
November 2019
6 years ago













3 comments:
Precious memories...
I hope you took some pictures!
I am glad your day was GREAT!!
I bet you will do a scrapbook page on this fun outing!
Sounds like you guys had a great time! Luv ya!
Jennifer R.
Post a Comment