Last week when I was driving to Bible Study with the boys on Thursday, we saw the above picture in the clouds! God sent us an exclamation mark! I began wondering what it was that He was loudly exclaiming that I needed to hear...
I think I may have figured it out... It is a truth from Psalm 107. I have heard verses from this Psalm from multiple sources over the past week, our preacher read from Psalm 107 during our Sunday service, and it has been in several things I have read recently. This is no coincidence, my Lord is trying to teach me something.
Psalm 107 is a beautiful recollection of the numerous things His children have to give Him thanks for. There is a recurring chorus throughout this Psalm:
"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever."
In pondering this short verse and the meaning tucked in, I began to realize that the Lord is wanting me to intentionally give Him thanks in and during the hard moments of my days. As I give Him thanks, using this chorus as a pattern, I am reminded that He is good, and that His steadfast love endures forever. What a wonderful truth to be reminded of when I am right in the middle of a hard moment!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for He has redeemed me and called me His own; His steadfast love endures forever!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for He has delivered me from the pit and set my feet upon a rock; His steadfast love endures forever!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for He has always been faithful to me, even when I have been unfaithful to Him; His steadfast love endures forever!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for He has healed me, spiritually, emotionally, and physically; His steadfast love endures forever!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for He daily bears my burdens, hears my prayers, and guides my steps; His steadfast love endures forever!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercies are new every morning, and He gives me wisdom just for the asking; His steadfast love endures forever!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for He has used my broken life and the hard things of my life to enable me to minister His grace and comfort to others; His steadfast love endures forever!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for He never leaves me alone, He is always with me; His steadfast love endures forever!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for He has blessed me with a wonderful husband and precious children; His steadfast love endures forever!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for He sent His Son to die for me, and He sent His Holy Spirit to dwell within me, to strengthen and empower me, to conform me to the image of His Son; His steadfast love endures forever!
What a difference giving thanks can make in our mindset and our attitude! I am thankful for the Lord teaching me this... to give thanks, but to do so amidst the backdrop of His goodness and His enduring love. Go, and give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, and His steadfast love really does endure forever!













No comments:
Post a Comment