And the thankfulness continues...
November 10
Today I am thankful for the blessing of homeschooling and the joy of learning new things right along with my kiddos. We started a book today about economics and I thought it was going to be horribly boring, but it wasn't! It was so interesting and we all 3 learned so much... and we are only 3 chapters into the book! I am also thankful for a break in soccer season, we enjoyed a Monday evening at home!
November 11
I am thankful for my Moms in Prayer group and for divine appointments! What a blessing this group of ladies has been to me! There is a special bond that develops when you pray with and for each other on a regular, consistent basis... And there are many answers to prayer experienced when you pray scripture over your children and your family. Tonight was one of those nights when you know without a doubt that God had ordained your time together... what a blessing when the Lord places someone next to you, on your couch, in your den, who is walking through something you yourself have had to walk through. How sweet to be able to share encouragement, comfort, and truth from God's Word, and then to take it all to Him in prayer!
November 12
I am thankful for a remarkably smooth day of homeschooling today, and even a bit of extra time to
clean out the boys closet. Now this is a huge deal, as Wednesdays are typically pretty tight school days with no extra time for doing any extra projects, or any type of housework. So the fact that we did 2 English lessons, 2 math lessons, science, piano practice, vocabulary, and I had time to clean out their closet, all before taking them to art class at 2:15 (and I even left a bit early to run pay a bill on the way to art) can only be because God was blessing my time and ordering my steps!
November 13
Today I also learned that it truly was my Lord who blessed my time and ordered my steps yesterday... Remember how I was able to clean out the boys closet (and I thought I was doing it for me, and to check to make sure they have warm clothes that fit)... Well, we shared our too small clothes with a friend, and our Lord used them to meet some specific needs! What a wonderful reminder that our God is a God of detail and that He will graciously meet every need we have, and that He often uses us when we don't even realize we are being used!
And there is more! My heart was blessed tonight at dinner as my husband shared about a divine appointment he had today with a gentleman whom he was able to encourage and share some Biblical truth with. AND THERE IS STILL MORE! My husband also shared about a specific event at work that I know was a direct answer to some of my prayers for him! More evidence that our Lord hears our prayers, and He does answer when we call!
My heart is full of JOY! What do you have to give thanks for? Take time to notice, and then give thanks... and then enjoy the joy that you will experience in your own heart.













No comments:
Post a Comment