I try to have a thankful heart daily... but especially on hard and trying days. It really makes a difference in my attitude on those
I thought I would record the many things I have to be thankful for here for the month of November. It is always fun to look back and remember... I love how just a few written words can conjure up sweet memories and flood my heart with joy.
Since today is November 6th, I am going back in time to the 1st...
November 1st
I am thankful that my boys LOVE to play soccer and are passionate about it! I love being a soccer mom and watching them play! Today I was blessed to watch them play in an old day long tournament. They won every game!! What a way to end the season!! I am thankful that I have a mouth to cheer them on with, hands to clap for them, legs to jump up and down, and eyes to watch them with. I am also thankful for warm clothes, hats, gloves, and hot coffee... as it turned terribly cold today!
November 2nd
I am so very thankful for my church. It is like being in a spiritual oasis after several years of feeling as if we were in a drought. I am thankful that it is Gospel centered, that every single thing done there is done with the intention of sharing the Gospel, that the Word of God is taught and boldly proclaimed to every age group. I am thankful for the passion for God that is evident in the lives of the ministers and the members. I am thankful it is a Real Church, teaching the Real Gospel, and serving the Real Jesus.
November 3rd
I am thankful for the opportunity to homeschool our boys... and I am so very thankful for the indwelling spirit of God who is my strength and my help each and every day!
November 4th
I am thankful for the blessing of hearing my boys play the piano... I am thankful that the same hands that dig in the dirt, catch lizards, and help their daddy work on cars can play sweet and beautiful songs on the piano. And I am thankful for that hour on Tuesdays when they have piano lessons and I have a bit of a mental break!
November 5th
I am thankful for the opportunity to sit beside my husband during Wednesday night church classes... many ladies go to church alone. I am thankful that my husband is a Godly man, that he reads his Bible and studies daily, that he listens to the Word preached and taught throughout the day, that he prays with and for me each day before he leaves to go to work. I am thankful for his sensitive and caring heart, for his forgiving spirit, and for his love.
November 6th
I am thankful for fun and educational field trips (we went here today), and sweet friends to enjoy them with. What a joy to watch my not so little boys laugh, learn and have fun with their friends! I am thankful for the friendships the Lord has blessed them with, and the opportunity to learn new things right along with them... like the fact that the Indians used deer brains to rub on the dried deer skin to make it smooth (what a gross fact that the boys thought was cool!)Do you have a thankful heart? I hope you are finding time to stop and give thanks for your many blessings, today and everyday!













No comments:
Post a Comment