And the thankfulness continues...
November 14
I am thankful for Fridays! They are typically shorter school days, unless we have gotten behind during the week... I am thankful for beauty shops and hairdressers (can you guess where I was this afternoon?) I am thankful for grocery stores, for chili simmering on the stove, for my husband coming home safely from work. I am thankful for essential oils... One of my boys is a bit puny, fighting off the crud. I have lathered him in essential oils and in only a day and a half he is significantly better and bouncing all over the house with tons of energy and joy!
November 15
Today I am thankful for the opportunity to sleep in! I am thankful for time to get many things marked off my to-do list today! I did some closet organization, organized and labeled many cds in our 400 disk cd changer, entered a basket of receipts in a spreadsheet on the computer, washed some clothes, and took care of my family! I also am thankful for some one on one time with David today... he was sick and unable to go to soccer evaluations with his brother, so we had some sweet time together with no interruptions... a rarity for us!
November 16
I am thankful for worship music. Today at church the choir did a special, "It Is Well With My Soul"... one of my favorites anyway, but today it just truly blessed my heart! I am thankful for Sunday afternoon naps while it is raining... thankful for a little time alone with my man tonight while the kids were at choir and discipleship, even though we were out and about in the rain it was good to be together!
November 17
Today I give thanks for the power of prayer... and for the spiritual weapons the Lord has provided for us. Sometimes I think we forget we are in a spiritual battle and we need to use the weapons the Lord has provided for us... Today it seemed I was in a battle all morning... finally I stopped everything, prayed out loud in the mighty and powerful name of Jesus Christ, used my weapons of warfare, and the atmosphere in our home changed! The rest of our day was so much better. How thankful I am for the power of God, and that He hears me when I call to Him, and that He answers prayers!
What are you giving thanks for today?












No comments:
Post a Comment