Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday!



"My heart is steadfast, O God;
I will sing and make music with my soul.
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens,
and let your glory be over all the earth."
Psalm 108:1-5
Today I am thankful for:
  • The Lord taking my pain away!  I will forever be thankful for the healing He has brought me!
  • The reviving power of the Lord... He has revived me physically, mentally, and most importantly I believe, spiritually, I am so very thankful for all!
  • For divine appointments!  The Lord opened a door today for me to share my story to encourage someone else going through a physical health challenge... what a blessing for my "valley experience" to be used by the Lord to encourage a sweet lady as she faces possibly entering a valley herself...
  • For the ability to get out and exercise again!  I ran almost 2 miles today!  I have just recently started running again... the last time I ran was late May of 2010.  So thankful for the opportunity to exercise and take care of my body, after all, it is the temple of the Holy Spirit!
  • All I have learned about healthy eating through my health problems... we always thought we were eating fairly healthy, but through the help of my chiropractor, who also stresses healthy eating and healthy environments, I have learned much that is helping our family get healthier.  Once you start eating healthy junk food just loses its appeal!!
  • For the beautiful weather we have had here today!  We all needed to see the sun and get a good dose of vitamin D!
  • For my boys!  We celebrated their 7th birthday this past weekend (they are twins)... it is so hard to believe they are 7.  I am so very proud of them and look forward to seeing how the Lord is going to use them to impact this world for His Kingdom!
  • For the quietness of the mornings when I get up early enough to spend time in the Word before starting my day.  This is something I did very consistently until I got so sick, and I am working on getting that consistency back!
  • For another day to enjoy life!


Have you taken time today to stop and give thanks for the many blessings the Lord has sent your way?  If not I encourage you to do so, you will be blessed as you take time to thank our Lord for His blessings.  It often gives me the attitude adjustment I need when I focus on being thankful rather than complaining about things that really do not matter at all.  Feel free to join us over here to see more TT posts or to link up with us with your own post!



post signature

No comments: