Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday



"I will sing to the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
May my meditation be pleasing to Him, 
as I rejoice in the Lord."
Psalm 104:33-34

It has been quite a while since I have participated in Thankful Thursday... it has always been such a blessing to me in the past to take a few moments and reflect on my week and share things that I am thankful for, big and little.  I hope to post a Thankful Thursday post more regularly this year, as I always have things to be thankful for!

This week I am giving thanks for:
  • A new year!  Last year was a tough year for me, so I am definitely looking forward to a new and exciting year!
  • The privilege to homeschool my children... what a blessing to spend each day with them, to see them learn new things, and to see the excitement they have for learning;
  • My wonderful husband... he is a wonderful man, takes such good care of me and our boys, and truly desires to live a godly life.  He is quick to admit he is wrong and to say he is sorry, and he is quick to forgive me on the rare occasions when  I am wrong...
  • My boys finally beginning to feel better!  They have been sick with head colds and the flu for almost 2 weeks, but now they are getting their spunk back... although I did enjoy the 3 hour naps they took each day while recovering!
  • The Word of God... I have started a different read through the Bible in a year program and am looking forward to what the Lord is going to speak to me through His Word.  
  • And I am so very thankful, as I think I will be for the rest of my life, that God chose to take my pain away and heal my body... I feel like a new person, I am enjoying life, and am loving feeling like being a wife and mom again... thank you Jesus!

I would love to hear what you are thankful for from this week!  Leave me a comment or join us in your own Thankful Thursday post.  For more TT posts or to join us in sharing what you are thankful for just go here.


 

post signature

11 comments:

Joshlin said...

You have a great list! I find myself agreeing with everything you listed! It is amazing at how God has blessed us! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Lovely list. Thanks be to God!

Nana Jul said...

What a great thankful list! You will be Awed by what the LORD will speak to you this year through His WORD! Dig in and prepare for an awesome journey! And I shout Hallelujah for your healing!! What an Awesome God we serve!!
Happy TT
Julie

Tiff said...

Reading your list made me smile. :-D

Happy TT!

Kathryn said...

God is so good. Isn't it wonderful to marvel at this blessings, and how he cares for even the smallest details of our lives! Yay!! : )

Rita T. said...

Your blog is beautiful and so are the words. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Hi Tricia,

I love the start of a new year. It's going to be a wonderful year in service to our King. Hugging you. Lynn

tammi said...

What a great thanksgiving post! I went and read the one about your surgery and recovery, too ~ what a wonderful testimony to God's goodness! I hope you continue to experience good health and God's blessings in the new year!

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord for the wonderful blessings you are thanking the Lord for this week. God is so good! Please stop by and visit me at
Honoring The King

Jerralea said...

I love your thankful list. I also noticed your life verse, which is one I quoted today myself!

God bless you!

Pamela said...

Yeah for no pain. I read your story and found joy in your healing. Good thankfulness list!