My "Word" is...
grace
I know that it is only by His grace that I survived 2010 without going into a deep depression... I know that it was only by His grace that I was able to homeschool my children and take care of my family while in the valley, and I know that it is only by His grace that I did not grow bitter and angry at my Lord for making me go through the hardest time of my life. I clung to the verse from 2 Corinthians 12:9: "And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
So I am on a journey with my Lord this year, to learn more about His grace. I want to consciously recognize and experience His grace, I desire to be more aware of His grace in my life on a daily basis. I want, through the power of His Spirit, to extend grace graciously to those who are hard to extend grace to. I want to continue to be living proof that His grace is sufficient... I desire to live in His power and not my own (for my power fizzles out quickly, yet I have a never ending source of His power through His Spirit).
Take a look at this definition of grace from my KeyWord Study Bible:
A favor done without expectation of return; absolute freeness of the lovingkindness of God to men finding its only motive in the bounty and freeheartedness of the Giver; ... God's grace affects man's sinfulness and not only forgives the repentant sinner, but brings joy and thankfulness to him.
Isn't that good! I look forward to sharing my lessons in grace this year with you... what about you? Is there something the Lord has laid upon your heart that you are focusing on this year? I would love to hear about it...












No comments:
Post a Comment