Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Story...

I have been told by several that I need to share my story, so I am going to attempt to do that here.  It may take several posts, but that is ok...

Life has been difficult and not what I would have chosen over the past year, however, God has been with me every single step of the way, He has literally carried me in the palm of His hand, He has sustained me, and He is carrying me through the fire, He has not left me alone for even one step of this journey... 

For about the last 2 years I have been having health problems associated with endometriosis.  At first it was manageable and only affected me for about a week out of the month, but as I look back over the last couple of years, I can see now how it gradually progressed and began to literally zap the life out of me.  It progressed to the point of causing me such severe pain 3 out of 4 weeks of the month that all I could do was attempt to survive.  The pain brought me to tears almost daily for the past 4 months... I felt useless as a wife, mother, and friend.  It was no way to live...


So, through a series of God ordained events, my doctor discovered that my endometriosis had gotten significantly worse and sent me to a specialist for a consultation regarding surgery.  I ended up having an abdominal hysterectomy on September the 9th.  There were complications, the endometriosis had grown into part of my colon and 6 inches of it had to be removed.  This lengthened my hospital stay to 8 days and complicated my recovery... but I am on the road to recovery, and every bit of pain I was experiencing almost daily from the endometriosis is totally gone!!  Praise the Lord!

What I really want to share is how God has carried me... many nights as I lay awake in pain I would just cry out to God, calling on the name of Jesus; often that was all I could pray, the name of Jesus, as the pain was beyond excruciating.  One night as I lay there in pain, calling on Jesus, my Lord gave me a vision.  It was of me, lying in the palm of His hand, and He assured me that I was in the palm of His hand and that is where I would stay.  I could not sit in His palm, all I could do was lay there, but He was holding me and He was not going to let me go.

Oftentimes I felt so very alone, like no one cared that I was hurting so.  Many people knew what I was going through, but very few reached out to show care or concern... but my Lord reminded me that I was not really alone, that He would never leave me or forsake me.

God has provided for me... He has and is providing healing for my body; He is in the process of reviving me, spiritually, physically, and mentally;   He provided me with a Christian doctor who prayed over me the day of my surgery - what a blessing that was; He provided wonderful, caring nurses to care for me; He has provided friends to be the hands and feet of  Jesus to us during my recovery; and He has provided a wonderful family who has stepped up to take care of me and my responsibilities until I am well.


So today I want to encourage you, if you are going through a difficult time, know that you are in the palm of God's hand, stay there and rest in Him.  He will take care of you, He will never leave you or forsake you; and no matter how alone you feel, if you are a child of God, you are never alone...

post signature

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad to hear that you are recovering well and it won't be long and you'll be back to running again. :)

Thank you for sharing your heart today because I needed to hear this today!

Take care and look forward to hearing the rest of your story.

(((Hugs)))

Debbie Petras said...

I came over to your blog from eLisa's design blog. I'm glad that I did.

I read your story of endometriosis and the dream God gave you. I suffered terribly from endometriosis for years. I could identify with some of your symptoms; pain and bleeding. I had several surgeries so I could get pregnant but I never could. Eventually I had an abdominal hysterectomy too. This brought me relief. Although now I knew I would never bear a child, I finally was able to live a life without such pain.

Thank you for sharing what you learned and the picture of God holding you in the palm of His hand.

Although it's been years since endometriosis and surgery, there are always trials and difficulties. So picturing that image is powerful!

blessings and love,
Debbie

God Chaser said...

Healer, Comforter, Friend, Strength and so much more is our God. Bless you and maay God continue to hold you in the palm of His hand as He heals you. Thanks for sharing

Jennifer R said...

I miss seeing you! Im a little behind in reading your blog, but i enjoyed it none the less. Praying for you!