Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday



"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Let the redeemed of the LORD say so..."
Psalm 107:1-2



I have many, many things to be thankful for, too many to list here or even on paper... however, I do enjoy taking time on Thursdays to stop and really think about the things I am thankful for and sharing them with whoever might stop by my way.  So here is my list for this week!

  • I am thankful for my salvation!  I am thankful that Jesus was willing to pay the price for my sins so that I could know and experience the love of His Father!
  • I am thankful to be pain free!!
  • I am thankful for memories... just today I was thinking about this silly peppermint container that David loved to wear as a hat when he was probably about 2 or 3.  It was a clear container that fit his head perfectly... he wore it with such a serious expression on his face, he would wear it for hours and just play away.  It was too funny, so glad I have memories and pictures!
  • I am thankful for sign language... I often sign "I love you" to the boys when they are in the backseat.  Paul will always sign it back to me with such a sweet smile... I love seeing that in the rearview mirror!
  • I am thankful for shelter from the cold, for heat that works, and for a warm bed to sleep in.  It has been miserably cold here, and I am not a cold weather person!
  • I am thankful for quiet rides home after trips to the library... the boys are always intently looking at the books they have checked out so I get to enjoy a nice, peaceful ride home!
  • I am thankful for the opportunity to attend Bible study with other ladies... we started 1 and 2 Thessalonians today.  I am looking forward to digging into these books and hearing from my Lord as we study.  
  • I am thankful for another day of life... another day to enjoy my family, another day to walk with my Lord...

I would love to hear what you are thankful for from this week!  Leave me a comment or join us in your own Thankful Thursday post.  For more TT posts or to join us in sharing what you are thankful for just go here.





post signature

No comments: