Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Word-Filled Wednesday & Scripture Memory Verse



Since the 1st falls on a Wednesday I thought I would combine my Word-filled Wednesday and my scripture memory verse for the first half of July. I will be committing Isaiah 26:8-9 to memory for the first half of July... I have been reading "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper, an excellent book and one I highly recommend; he tells how this verse was the mission verse for the passion conferences and the "268 Declaration"... it just jumped out at me and I knew it was the next verse the Lord wanted me to work on hiding in my heart.

Here it is from the NIV:

Isaiah 26:8-9

"Yes, Lord,
walking in the way of your laws,
we wait for you;
your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.
My soul yearns for you in the night;
in the morning my spirit longs for you..."


Is there a verse or passage of scripture that you are working on hiding in your heart? It makes such a difference to have His Word tucked away in our hearts... I would encourage you to make it a priority...


post signature

4 comments:

Beth Herring said...

Tricia- the one scripture that just keeps me pumped up is Jeremiah 29: 13-14

"And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for ME with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord.."

LisaShaw said...

The Lord has been bringing me back to several Scriptures that tie in with where He has me right now. His word is absolutely amazing because HE IS.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Jennifer said...

I found your blog through Dee Dee's and have enjoyed looking through your posts....will be back again!

danapate said...

Tricia- one of my most favorite verses I remember from my desperate need of God's power and grace while I was in the hospital fearing for the lives of my baby boys, was Ephesians 3:20..."Now until to HIM who is able to do immeasurabley more than all we ask or imagine, accoring to his power that is at work within us. To HIM be the glory!" I had so many people watching and listening to "our story" during my pregnancy with the boys and I knew that "our story" was simply HIS STORY. God truly did do IMMEASURABLY more than all who watched could imagine...we are enterally grateful. Thanks for sharing your words of encouragement. Love ya girl!