Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Loneliness... Longings...

It seems that the deeper into the things of God that I go and that I desire to go, the lonelier I feel in this world. I honestly do not desire or long to fit into the world - I long for eternity and the life I will have there - and I long to find people here in my sphere of life, in my season of life, who are like-minded, who also long for eternity... yet they seem so hard to find, why is that?

I long for the things and people of this world to have no affect on my emotions or mental state. I long to be controlled by the Spirit in every single aspect of my being...


"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Eccl. 3:11


Just some thoughts from my heart which I had written in my journal recently... I felt led to share these today, maybe someone else can relate...

post signature

6 comments:

dongdong said...

WOW! I just have to tell you that is so amazing and such a blessing. What a wonderful testimony and encouragement. I can't say that I'm there. I have trouble understanding the bible but always feel the tug of God's presence in my heart. I am so happy to hear you feel that way.

Elizabeth said...

I can completely relate! Thank you for sharing that!

Jennifer said...

Tricia,

For sure, we are called to be a "peculiar people" and to come out from among the world....but we need not walk alone. In answer to prayer...God will send like minded Christians to go through this journey (called life) with you! What a blessing my Christian friends are..

Your post was so sweetly heartfelt. Your honesty is so refreshing... I will be praying for you. (Sure wish you lived in my neck of the woods!) :) I love to meet new friends.

And just wanted to tell you again what a blessing your blog is to me! Have a beautiful week - Jennifer

Unknown said...

I have felt this way for years. God is gently leading me to a place of rest where I can "let it go" and live to the fullest here and now. I don't lose that "desire" to be reunited with Him but I learn to remember that He is here, now and He doesn't want me to pine for what I don't have, but to live abundantly in His spirit now. It's a real tightrope walk for me! It's almost like that feeling you would have of dishonoring the loss of a love one if you start *really* enjoying yourself?? Like you would be sullying their memory? Like enjoying this life is carnal when we should want to only enjoy eternal life. I'm trying to look at it not so much as one or the other, but one being a continuation of the other. LIke my moniker... this is the prologue.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Hmm, I think it's time for me to pick up the phone. I DO relate. I was actually going to post a post about loneliness. I feel it often. Being set apart is hard but it's worth it. It's there we find life's best treasures. Hidden in HIM.

Thank you for sharing. I know, Tricia.

I've missed visiting your blog. You are special to me.

Hugs and love,

Tiffany

Melanie said...

I can relate. In those times that I desire God the most, that I desire to walk closely to Him... I feel the exact same way.

Beautiful thoughts... thanks so for sharing them with us, Tricia!