Well, I am finally starting to feel a little bit better!! Praise the Lord! Being sick is not fun, especially when you have a family to take care of. James has been wonderful, the boys have been to work with him several days, and he entered the world of 3-k as he took them back and forth last week.
I actually went back to the doctor again yesterday afternoon, as I was not feeling any better at all. It ends up that I also had a bad sinus infection on top of the flu. The flu was pretty much cleared up but the sinus infection was just getting worse. So I got a shot, which the boys thought was hilarious, they wanted to see it and everything, but I did not oblige; and I am now on a round of antibiotics... so I am on the road to recovery.
One of my best Valentine's memories is from 2004. That is the day we got to bring Paul and David home from the hospital for the first time! They were born 8 weeks early and had to stay in the NICU for 3 weeks. During those 3 weeks, I recovered from a 2 1/2 week hospital stay, finished packing our home in Trussville, and moved to Calera! We had been in our new home exactly one week when we got to bring the boys home, we basically had the kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms unpacked, the rest came slowly. But we were very excited to have our family home together!
On our drive home we stopped off at Driver's Way and let everyone there look at the boys through the car windows, we didn't want them exposed to any germs. Shortly after leaving there they started to get fussy, so we found a remote parking lot and I nursed both of them before we got home, how awkward was that for a new mom!!
But the best part of that Valentine's Day was that night when I went in the boys room to do their first middle of the night feeding. James had secretly left red roses in their nursery for me to just happen upon, and he left me the sweetest handmade card. On the front he had drawn roses in a vase, and had written "Happy Valentine's Day". When I opened the card on one side it read: "How beautiful you are my darling! O how beautiful!" The other side read: "It is a great honor and privilege to be able to call you my wife. It is with even greater gratitude that you are the mother of my children. Love, James"
I still have that card, in my scrapbook of course!
Today has been good. I am feeling better, the boys brought me flowers and a balloon this morning, James gave me a sweet card, and I got to go to the boys Valentine's Party at 3-k, which they keep referring to as a birthday party!! I hope to enjoy a nice relaxing evening with my man, snuggling and watching a girlie movie I picked up at the library, and I may just make him that chocolate cake he likes!
November 2019
6 years ago













2 comments:
so glad that you are beginning to feel better.
And thanks for sharing your story...Valentines day will always be a "double - special" day for you!
I am glad you are better.
I have still got to play catch up with the Titus study. Hopefully, I will be by Tuesday.
Post a Comment