Friday, February 22, 2008

The Happy Housewife

I was looking through my files for something I wanted to share with the girls in my Wednesday night Bible study when I came across this and just thought I would share it with all of you. It is titled "The Happy Housewife" by Elizabeth Baker

A woman who depends on outside decoration and eternal youth to satisfy her need for acceptance is on the wrong course. She should seek the spiritual beauty which cannot be erased by time and does not depend on financial status. To be spiritually beautiful is a command of God, and all the commands of God have one interesting thing in common. They all pay read dividends in one's physical life. When you take the time to let the Lord make you spiritually beautiful, your physical appearance takes one gigantic step forward.

To learn to depend on Jesus for tomorrow's needs can do more for a wrinkled complexion than facials.

To learn self-control or temperance can do more for the figure than a health spa.

To allow the quietness and meekness of Jesus to be expressed through one's own personality can do more than the most expensive charm course.

To let Jesus make your life an adventure can put a joy in your heart, a spring in your step, and a sparkle in your eye that all the doctors' pep pills and all the paint and pretty bottles from the ding-dong lady can't match.

1 Peter 3:3-4
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Great Minds! I was just talking to Jennifer R. my mentee yesterday about our inner beauty and how as teenagers our outward apperance means so much til we get older and I hope wiser and realize that people seeing God in us is most important. We were comparing how we use to view things oppose to now. AMAZING!