This past Sunday our pastor talked about making plans, and planning in order to have an excellent spiritual life. Last year I actually set some spiritual goals for myself and have worked diligently towards them. The one I am most proud of is memorizing the whole book of Philippians. I have always had trouble with memorizing scripture and remembering the "address." So I thought, why not try to just memorize a whole book. Well, I actually did, almost. I still have about 10 verses to go but then I will have memorized all 4 chapters of Philippians, and I am very proud of myself. I think the Lord knew I needed to have my mind in and on these scriptures, because it seemed that whatever portion of scripture I was focusing on was exactly what I needed to implement in my life, isn't that just like our Lord!! And now I also feel like I have a much greater understanding and grasp of what Paul was trying to say to the Philippians since I have spent so much time with his words.
Anyway, with that said, I have once again set some goals for myself for 2008, and just thought I would share them:
1. I plan to memorize the book of 1 John.
2. I plan to read the Bible through in a year.
3. I plan to be more diligent and faithful in my prayer life.
4. I plan to be more diligent in keeping a journal of how the Lord is working in my life and what He is showing and teaching me. I was pretty good at this before marriage and kids!
5. I plan to take better care of the Temple of the Lord, my body. My eyes were opened this past year in the Beth Moore Bible study that I did (A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place) to the awesomeness of being God's Temple, and what it truly means. It is a mighty and glorious thing, and I feel one that is not to be taken lightly.
6. I started running in 2007, so I have set myself a goal of running a 5K sometime during 2008.
7. I plan to be more consistent in disciplining and teaching and training my boys.
8. I also plan to learn to do inductive Bible study. My sweet husband gave me an Inductive Study Bible for Christmas, and a book on learning how to study the Bible.
9. I plan to have more friends over for dinner and/or just times of fellowship.
10. I plan to continue my scrapbooking!!!
I think that is sufficient, I am getting tired just reading back over them! But it is good to plan and to have things to work towards. I know that God always blesses our efforts when we are seeking to do things that would draw us closer to Him. So what about you, do you have any plans for 2008?
If you did not read my Top 12 Memories of 2007, go back 1 post and check them out!
November 2019
6 years ago













No comments:
Post a Comment