In thinking back over this past year and all that we have done and all that has happened in our lives, I thought I would share my personal top 12 memories of the year, one from each month. Here they are:
1. Paul & David turning 3 years old! They absolutely loved their birthday party this year and thought it was so fun to open all their presents. It was a joy to watch them have so much fun!!
2. Having a picnic outside with my boys during some awesome springlike weather in February! Isn't it great to live in the South!
3. Going to see Mrs. Pattycake live has to be the highlight for March. Paul was in such awe that she was the real Mrs. Pattycake. His little face was just lit up with joy and excitement. And of course, I cried when he got out in the aisle and did the dance to the Resurrection song he had learned at church, and later, when he sat in my lap and sang so sweetly "Jesus Loves Me" along with Mrs. Pattycake. I am tearing up now as I type this, I am so terribly emotional!!
4. We have several great memories from April, it is hard to pick a favorite, so I will briefly share all. We all went to the Montgomery Zoo, (an absolutely wonderful zoo, if you have never been you should go, I think it is much better than the B'ham zoo); we went to pick strawberries, and we dyed Easter eggs.
5. The highlight of May was that we got to take a week long vacation to the beach! It was wonderful, the boys had a blast, we could actually relax on the beach and watch them, and they were potty-trained. Our 1st vacation without diapers, wonderful!!
6. Favorite memories from June are Paul & David moving to their toddler beds from their baby beds! I know, they probably needed to move into them much sooner than they did, but they never climbed out so why ruin a good thing, now they can get up whenever they want too! Also, they loved going swimming this summer, and David loved jumping off the diving board and going down the slide!
7. The highlight of July has to be our family outing to the American Village on the 4th of July. It was a long afternoon and evening, but we all had lots of fun.
8. The top memory of August has nothing to do with my children! I had a mini vacation away from it all. My sister and I went to Altanta to the Women of Faith conference, and to the preconference with Beth Moore. We had a really nice time and were really proud of ourselves for finding our way around and riding the Marta successfully! We really felt like a couple of country bumpkins!
9. I really have no favorite moments from September, it was a very stressful month for our family. Our anniversary outing was quite dampened with some unexpected family stress, during which James looked at me and said "This is one of those 'in worse' times." I am looking forward to our next anniversary and a much better celebration with my husband!
10. My favorite memory from October was going to Homecoming at the Marion United Methodist Church where I grew up. I got to see my youth pastor and my favorite pastor from my teenage years, and was able to express to them my gratitude for the things they had taught me and done for me during those tumultuous teenage years.
11. My favorite memory from November was watching my precious boys perform in their Thanksgiving program at 3-K. They were absolutely adorable and did a wonderful job.
12. My favorite memory from December has to be just the excitement on my boys faces and in their voices as they got ready for Christmas. It made my heart very happy to hear them talk about Jesus' birthday, to watch them build stables and mangers with their lincoln logs and blocks, and to see them draw pictures of the donkey that Mary rode. It makes me so glad to know that they are learning about Jesus, and that thoughts of the true Christmas story fill their hearts and minds.
There they are, my top 12 memories. I am so thankful for my life and for my family, the Lord has truly blessed me and those I love. I pray that my life is also a blessing to Him and to others!
November 2019
6 years ago













1 comment:
What a beautiful idea Tricia to pick your favorite thing from each month. It is a lovely way to count your blessings. Your boys are getting so big, and what cutie pies they are.
-Candi
Post a Comment