Tuesday, January 15, 2008

We've Been Sick

Well, we have all been sick, except for Paul. We all had strep throat. David went to the doctor on Thursday, I went on Saturday, and James went on Sunday. Thank goodness Paul did not catch it and saved us from having to pay another $30 co-pay!! But thankfully we are all back into the land of the living now, and it feels wonderful to feel good again and to have energy. Today the boys went to 3-K, I came home and cleaned a little, then got my haircut, and met a friend for lunch! It was so good to do normal stuff!

I am such a pitiful sick person... James and the boys drove me to the doctor on Sat. morning because I was very weak and he didn't think I should drive, I did not complain. I had had fever and chills all night and didn't want to do anything but lay down. So they took me to the doctor, where I waited an hour and a half in the lobby before finally getting called to the back. After being checked out and finding out yes I did have strep throat, the doctor said he would order me a steriod shot and a round of antibiotics. So the nurse comes in to give me my shot, in my bottom!! Well, I don't do well with needles, never have, and after getting my shot I feel sick and light headed, almost ready to faint. The nurse notices and makes me lay back down on the bed and holds my feet up in the air. After a few minutes I think I am better and she walks me to the check out area, where once again I get light-headed and faint feeling. She makes me sit down, takes my prescription to the pharmacy for me, and calls James to come get me. She then walks me to the waiting area, gets me all situated with my feet up in a chair, and finally James arrives to rescue me!! Praise God for a wonderful husband who takes such good care of me.

Well, the "highlight" of my being sick was on Friday night. I had gone to bed right after dinner and James was taking care of the boys and getting them ready for bed. I heard someone walk into the room and walk over to my side of the bed, I opened my eyes and it was James and the boys, they had come to pray for me. Paul and David stood there so still beside James and listened quietly as he prayed for God to make mommy better, and then he helped each of them pray their own prayer for mommy. It was so precious, I had tears rolling down my cheeks but joy in my heart. I can't describe what it was like to hear my little ones saying their heartfelt prayers to God on behalf of their mommy, but it touched me and it is one of those memories that I will forever treasure in my heart.

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

Oh that is precious.

So glad that you all are doing better. And soooo glad that Paul did not get it.

See you tomorrow night!

Darlene said...

I am glad you are doing better.
Your boys are so sweet. I am glad they were taking care of you!