Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Yummy Recipe!!

I tried a new recipe last week that was really a hit and thought I would share it with all of you. It is a great one to make if you like to give baked goods for gifts at Christmas. I first tried it out on my "Heart Friends" group, (an accountability group I am in), and they loved it; so I took some to our wonderful hair stylist on Friday when the boys and I went to get our hair cut. They thought it was absolutely delicious!! James also took some to work on Friday and said it was a huge hit!!

Peanut Butter Candy Bar Brownies

1 16 oz package of nutter butters
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
5 (1.5 oz) packages of reese cups
2 (2.1 oz) butterfingers
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut

Combine crushed cookies and butter in a medium bowl. Press crumb mixture into bottom of a greased 13" X 9" pan. Bake at 350 for 6 to 8 minutes

Combine condensed milk, peanut butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl, stirring until smooth.

Sprinkle chopped candy bars, chocolate morsels, peanuts, and coconut over crust. Drizzle condensed milk mixture over coconut.

Bake at 350 for 27 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool before cutting.

This recipe is from my "Christmas with Southern Living 2007" cookbook. If you have it, this recipe is on page 93.

So, does anyone else have any good recipes you would like to share?

1 comment:

candace said...

thanks....can't wait to make some. have a blessed day.
candace