Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Baking!





Today the boys and I made chocolate covered pretzels for our friends in the neighborhood. They love to help me in the kitchen and were very excited that we were going to be cooking! Their favorite part was putting the colored sprinkles everywhere, not just on the pretzels. They really did pretty good and didn't make that big of a mess, but the fun they had makes up for any mess they did make.

As I was cleaning up the mess on our kitchen table, I was reminded that my table has seen lots and lots of memories and good times. You see, I have my grandmother's old kitchen table, my Maw-maw's. She was a wonderful grandmother and sometimes I miss her and my Granny terribly. How I wish they could have lived to see and know my precious boys, they would have been proud.

My Maw-maw was a wonderful cook and I have fond memories of sitting around that kitchen table with aunts, uncles, and cousins. I remember when I was little and would go stay with them, she and my Paw-paw would sit there and read the Bible after we were supposed to be in the bed. I remember helping her make cornbread and biscuits, and I remember drinking Tang at her kitchen table. Lots of memories, all of which I am so thankful for. And I am even more thankful that now I am making my own memories around that wonderful kitchen table.

Moments with family, that is what makes Christmas and everyday special! Enjoy your family, and make some lasting memories this holiday season!!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

When Andrea was younger we would always bake cookies and decorate them. We would have so much fun listening to Christmas music, shaping the cookies, and getting decorations everywhere. I never minded the mess because I knew the memories would last forever. I know you are having so much fun with your boys this Christmas season. Thanks for sharing and reminding me of the fun times in my family.
Merry Christmas!