I started getting Christmas cards today!!!!! One of my favorite things about Christmas is getting Christmas cards in the mail and hearing from people I haven't heard from in a long time. What other time of year can you look forward to getting your mail? I just love it when we have more cards than bills, aren't those just the greatest days! I usually get the mail while the boys are sleeping; so I love it when I get a handful of cards and can just relax in the chair and take them all in.
My favorite cards are the ones with pictures and letters or little notes. We do a Christmas letter every year, a little something we started doing our first Christmas together. It is fun to get together with James and reminisce about our year, picking our favorite and most memorable memories to relay to all who take the time to read our letter.
I think this year we are going to start a new tradition, this is one that I have "stolen" from my creative memories consultant! I am going to take all the cards that we get with pictures and make a simple little scrapbook to sit out on our coffee table year round. Every day or week (haven't decided yet which one) our family will pick another family to pray specifically for. Having the pictures will be nice reminders to us and especially to our boys of who we are praying for. I thought this was a wonderful idea and that it would be a great way to teach our boys the importance of praying for others and not just for our family and ourselves. So if you want us to be praying for you, send us your picture!!
So, what about you? What are some of your favorite things about Christmas, and do you have any traditions you can share with us?
November 2019
6 years ago













1 comment:
Hey! that is a great idea! We have a picture christmas card this year... but i dont have ur address to send it to you... can you email me at allegro425@hotmail.com?
Post a Comment