As I was sitting there waiting for my food to be prepared, I was talking to my Lord, and listening for His voice and those promptings of His Spirit. I asked Him to open my eyes to what He wanted me to see, I so do not want to be so focused on myself that I overlook those He places in my path for a particular reason. He directed my eyes to a sign hanging on the wall and I heard His voice loud and clear through the words on that sign, (not really audibly, but in my spirit)...
Discover new reasons to love...
This has stayed with me... it resonates in my mind numerous times daily. God's Spirit has prompted me to ask Him to help me discover new reasons to love... to love Him, to love my family, to love friends and acquaintances, to love neighbors, and even to love those who seem unlovable and who are hard to love...
So I am on a journey with my Lord, discovering new reasons to love... I desire to be compelled by the love of Christ, not by my flesh and not by the things of this world, but solely and wholly by the love of Christ...
13If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. 14For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. 2 Corinthians 5:13-15













No comments:
Post a Comment