
I have started a couple of new Bible studies in the past couple of weeks...
In one we are doing an in-depth study on the book of John from now until May. I am really looking forward to digging into one of my favorite books of the Bible. I also am looking forward to the new friendships that will be formed as this is a new group of women for me to be doing Bible study with. Just today I met a lady who has a son the same age as mine, and another lady who has twin boys who are 11. I was so excited that the Lord has placed these ladies in my life at this time... mom's with "kid stuff" in common who also love the Lord and are passionate about Him and His Word, this is an answer to prayers that I have been praying for some time!
The other study is a class the ladies are doing at church by Priscilla Shirer, One in a Million. This quote below from her introduction has really stuck with me. It has caused me to think about several of you, my blogging friends, and my local touchable, huggable, flesh and blood friends, whom the Lord has used to bring me great encouragement along this sometimes lonely journey in my walk of faith... I am thankful for each of you, and you know who you are!
God's call from mundane Christianity to a radical experience of Him has taken me down roads that, honestly, have been quite narrow.
On occasion, I've had to whisper a prayer for help when loneliness knocks on my front door and comes in to stay a while. When I've met other travelers willing to brave these winding roads, our eyes have met and an instant heart connection made. Without having much to say, we've encouraged each other to continue. Priscilla Shirer, One in a Million, page 5.
I am so very thankful for my true friends in the faith. You know the kind... those who you have a stronger bond and connection with because you share in the things of the Spirit. I thank God for each and every one of you. I am thankful for the bond we share through His Spirit. And I am so very thankful He has placed you in my life and for the encouragement that He brings me through your friendship and your words...













3 comments:
I have also begun a new Bible study - today was week two - an in-depth study of Ephesians! It is deep and a bit of challenge...just getting a schedule for the homework, for one - but I am excited about all that God has in store with this study. I agree - the women that share in Bible study with me are such a blessing, too! Hope your study is richly rewarding!
Love the words you shared from Priscilla Shirer's study! It is so very true... and there is a special bond when you share those things that are of the Lord.
I like your Bible study. The greatest growth our church experienced was one my kids were little and we met other young couples/family through the kids' activities. We'd have Bible studies and visits to worship come from those encounters. God works through the every day occurrences if we are sensitive to his gentle leading. Good job!
Enjoyed the visit.
Post a Comment