Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday's Together in the Word!



Welcome to Tuesday's Together in the Word. We are a group of women reading through the New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs using the same reading plan and holding each other accountable. On Tuesdays we share what we have gleaned from our time of study in the Word. To join us and to read what others have to share visit DeeDee, we would love for you to join us! You can find a link to our reading plan on my sidebar.

Life continues to be busy here... but I am bound and determined to get this post up! My schedule is all messed up for the summer and I am a very structured and schedule oriented person, so I have really felt a bit out of sorts as I get used to our less structured days of summer.

I have had trouble getting up as early since I do not have anywhere we really have to be... therefore, I am later exercising and it is really hot. So I have asked the Lord to help me adjust my schedule... and today He gave me an idea that I think will work just wonderfully for this new season!! He woke me up early and I went to run in the coolness of the morning, about 6 o'clock... then I came home and had my quiet time on the porch. So even though everyone was up and about I still had quietness and peace on the porch while I spent time with my Lord!! Wonderful!!

This week I wanted to share what the Lord spoke to me yesterday as I was running, and then how He confirmed it to me in His Word later that morning. I was out for my run, contemplating doing my normal 3 mile route or cutting it a bit short (as it was very hot), when the Lord spoke to my spirit, He said, "Do not take short cuts with Me."

This brought many thoughts to my mind... like, do not cut short your prayer time with Me; take time to listen for My voice as well as sharing your heart with Me; do not cut short your time in the Word; take time to meditate on It and allow God to show you truths and to speak to your heart through His Word; do not forsake taking time to worship and praise Me...


So, I ran the whole 3 miles and committed myself to making sure I am not taking short cuts with God. Then later as I sat down to read His Word, this was what I read and it jumped off the page at me!

Hebrews 6:11-12
"And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end, that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." (bold my own emphasis)


So I am committed to be diligent in my walk with my Lord, in seeking Him, and in listening for His voice. I do not want to be considered sluggish, but as I talked about last Tuesday, I desire to be an imitator of Him. What about you? Will you join me in being diligent and not sluggish in this walk of faith?

post signature

6 comments:

Lorrie said...

What a great post. We as Christians are to be diligent so we can continue. As a fine artist...I know if I'm not diligent painting...I lose skills I had just a few months ago...I can't imitate shadows, images, light and texture like I need to give the painting depth. As Christians...it's the same...if we take short cuts, if we don't purse God...we'll be sluggish...our lives will be dull and flat and not as vibrant as God wants them to be. Well I just wrote so much that it seems like I'm developing a postcript to your post.
Anyhoo...great post.
Blessings.

Beth Herring said...

Tricia - what a wonderful word from the Lord today. Too many times I think I am tempted to take a "shortcut" of sorts. But He is the one is so deserving of ALL of our FIRSTS. No shortcuts - no cutting corners. With Him - it's all or nothing...

Linda said...

Tricia, you should write devotion books,...cuz this was great!!!!

I will try to start my early rising again and my walking,...and my quiet mornings with the Lord.

I do it in spurts and then get off my routine for various reasons.

This post is very encouraging.

Blessings!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Blog is no more said...

What a great post Tricia! Bless you!
Sharon

Meredith said...

Needed that!! Thank You!

Julee said...

Tricia, having known you for most of my life (even though we have gone may years without seeing one another) I can honestly say you are the REAL DEAL. You have always been a true model of what you believe, a very rare thing to find in our world these days! Your faith is an inspiration and surely you will have many crowns to lay at His feet one day. It's good to "see" you again!