Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thankful Thursday












Today I am thankful for:
  • A day to just BE at home!! It has been wonderful!
  • My boys enjoying each others company today and playing so well together all day long!! They have played wonderfully with no arguments or fights!!
  • The many things I have gotten accomplished today... I have done several small projects around the house that I just have not had time to do lately; it feels great to get them done!!
  • A wonderful visit with a sweet friend this afternoon... we were able to sit and visit for a couple of hours while sipping on some sweet tea! My boys did not even bother us... they were in their rooms resting!
  • David feeling better - we were in the ER with him on Tuesday evening as a result of double ear infections. Boy, was he in some major pain! I am thankful for my dad being willing to go with us to the hospital even when he had to be up early for work the next day... (we were at Granny and Paw-paw's house visiting)
  • Being able to get one more haircut from my favorite hairstylist before she moves very far away...
  • That in only 6 days I will be leaving with some ladies from church to go on our ladies beach retreat! No kids, no husbands, just us doing whatever we want to do! Thanks to those of you who gave me birthday money... I have saved it to use to pay for this beach retreat!!
  • I am thankful that God is in control and He has my life in His hands... and for the fact that He has all my days planned out for me, I just have to follow Him...

What are you thankful for today? I would love to hear from you!

post signature

2 comments:

sharon brobst said...

What a great list! And I must admit I'm a little jealous - a ladies BEACH retreat - how FUN!!!!

DeeDee said...

wonderful list....
and especially the retreat...
I think we all NEED it :)
love you!