Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday's Together in the Word!


Welcome to Tuesday's Together in the Word. We are a group of women reading through the New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs using the same reading plan and holding each other accountable. On Tuesdays we share what we have gleaned from our time of study in the Word. To join us and to read what others have to share visit DeeDee, we would love for you to join us! You can find a link to our reading plan on my sidebar.

I have missed the last few weeks due to a family vacation to Texas, Vacation Bible School at church, and just the craziness of adjusting to a new summer schedule (or should I say lack of a schedule!!) It is good to be back to share what God is speaking to me through the scriptures...

What I have to share is really very brief, but it has really had me thinking since I read it... and our pastor's sermon this past Sunday was right along the same lines... so I think God wants me to be thinking on this!

Let's look at Ephesians 5:1...

"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children,"


Be an imitator of God... wow...

To imitate someone we have to "see" them. We have to know details about how they spend their time, how they respond to others, how they deal with stress and unanticipated interruptions in their day, how they deal with sorrow, grief, heartache... the list could go on and on.

As I have thought about being an imitator of God, I have prayed and asked God to open my eyes to see Him more clearly, more vividly. I have asked God to open my ears so that I can hear Him clearly. I want to see Him and hear Him so I can imitate Him... and the best way to "see" Him and "hear" Him is to spend time in His Word and at His feet in prayer and communion.

And as our pastor stressed to us this past Sunday, we are to look for those who are imitating Christ and we are to follow them. And we need to make sure that we are "following" material... because someone just may look to us as an example of how to follow or imitate Christ...

So what about you? Do you desire to imitate God? Are you seeking to imitate Him? Are there those in your life who are good examples of how to imitate God that you could follow? What about you... are you following material? Can others look at your life and discern how to imitate God?

These are the questions I am pondering and praying about right now... would you join me in seeking to imitate God?



post signature

3 comments:

Meredith said...

joining.....seeking......
I have missed you. I am going now to catch up on your blog, as I also have been away.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Hello sweet friend...I have missed you on Tuesdays Together. That verse struck me this week too. It is quite a lot to ponder. And, I like what you wrote...that in order to imitate someone, we have to know them. We really have to walk with someone before we can know them. Thank you! As always, it was so nice to visit with you!

Love,
Kelly

DeeDee said...

great Tricia...
it is so true..
We must spend time with Him (lots of it) in order to imitate him.
thanks for sharing... I too have missed you ;)