Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Well, I made it to another Thursday... time to share again what I am thankful for from the past week.  This has been a rainy, cold week, and I have been cooped up inside, homeschooling 2 squirrelly, wiggly boys who have been big bundles of energy!  But we have had a good week, with sweet times together reading and learning new things.  And today we had SNOW!!  That is quite exciting here in our part of the world... just a few flurries that do not stick, yet the schools close early (some anyway), people leave work early, and the grocery stores run out of milk and bread!




Here are a few things I have been thankful for this week:

  • the sound of rain falling outside, worship music playing inside
  • books to read
  • warm clothes to run in
  • morning hugs given and received
  • snuggles on the couch with a shared blanket while reading
  • cold, white snowflakes swirling in the wind
  • little boys thrilled with excitement over falling snow
  • the sun peeking out from behind the clouds
  • life - reminded how precious and fragile life is as a friend of a friend lost her baby in her 5th month of pregnancy
  • library books, our home is always a bit quieter following a trip to the library
  • grace... undeserved, yet given in abundance...

Have you stopped and taken time to give thanks??  It will certainly bless your heart...


post signature

No comments: