Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday



I used to be very consistent doing my Thankful Thursday posts... then homeschooling started, and I found it hard to find time to sit and type out a post. After teaching all day I found myself, and still do, mentally exhausted. I still try to have a thankful heart, and I really like the accountability of knowing I have a post to do, which makes me intentionally look for things to be thankful for, big and small.

 I have noticed recently that my children sure do complain about things... and boy, how that gets on my nerves! I have started making them immediately think of something they are thankful for when I hear a complaint pop out of their mouth. And sometimes they complain about that!! We all have those days, the kind where we complain and grumble more than we give thanks... those types of days usually do not end with good fruit. I want to intentionally be thankful, and I desire to teach my children to intentionally be thankful, so we will see how my Thursdays go this year...

We have been to Bible study this morning, then ran to pick up my race packet for a race I am running in this weekend... now we are home. The boys are riding bikes up and down the street, and the thought entered my mind that I should do a Thankful Thursday post. So here it goes...

This week I am thankful for the following:
1. Life... physical and spiritual 
2. Good health... 
3. A husband who works hard to provide for our family...
4. Children who are kind, hard-working, and fun...
5.  Time in the mornings to read the Word and drink a cup of coffee...
6.  Resurrected iPods!  (Mine died last weekend but has now been revived!!)
7.  Friends and family who have been willing to share their iPod with me so I would not have to run without music!
8. My husband making up our bed each morning...
9.  For food to cook and a family to cook for...
10.  For the many spiritual blessings we have "in Him"... I am currently attempting to memorize the book of Ephesians (on chapter 1 right now), and have had my eyes opened to the immenseness of the spiritual blessings we have in Christ.


Do you have a thankful heart today??  What are some things you are thankful for??

 post signature

No comments: