Happy New Year!
I have been thinking about this new year, the year 2010... wondering what it may hold for me and my family. Whatever comes our way, I know this, our Lord is faithful and true... He is our strength and our hope, and in Him we have put our trust. So I start this new year with eager expectations of what my Lord has in store...
I thought it would be fun to think of 10 things I would like to do this year, some big, some small. Not really resolutions, just 10 things I would like to do or accomplish this year...
- I want to know my Lord more, through His Word and through times spent in prayer... I want to hear His voice more frequently; and I want to be more obedient to what He speaks to me...
- I desire to pray more... I desire to strive to pray daily without ceasing. I want to keep my mind and my heart focused on my Lord, and the best way to do that is to keep in constant communion with Him through my day.
- I want to read more...
- I would like to successfully complete our 1st year of homeschooling...
- I would like to run a half marathon, hopefully in February... however, this frigid weather needs to leave so I can get out and run!
- I want to have friends over for fellowship more often...
- I want to find a ministry or outreach opportunity that our family can participate in together. One that is outside the walls of our home and our church, one that opens all of our eyes to how blessed we truly are and to the needs all around us...
- I want us to have a missionary to pray for daily... one for each day of the week.
- I desire to continue to strive to be a Godly wife and mother...
- I really would like to get back to blogging consistently... I really want to share the wonderful truths I am learning from my study of the book of John, I want to share what the Lord is teaching me through my training for the half marathon, and I would love to share precious homeschool stories...
So we will see what our Lord has in store for us through the year 2010... and how much time He will give me to blog about it! May He bless you this year with much love, joy, and peace in your hearts and in your family!













1 comment:
Hi Tricia,
I enjoyed reading your 10 things. I have similar desires to serve with my family in missions. I love that you are a runner. Wish I enjoyed that, but I don't. :) And I'm thankful to be connected with you online. I love your Christmas card. And I admire your servant heart to homeschool your sweet boys. Great job!
Look forward to reading more from you this new year. Go where God sends you. If it's blogging, great, write on. If not, rest in where He has you. It's a season you will never regret living in.
Hugs and much love,
Tiffany
Post a Comment