Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just a few thoughts...

Just thought I would share a few thoughts I have had since we started homeschooling about a week and a half ago... so far it has been a wonderful experience!

  • I have found homeschooling to be very refreshing and extremely fulfilling! There is no hectic rushing around in the mornings to get out the door to be somewhere on time... And seeing my boys excitement for learning and their desire to work hard and do their work good is such a blessing!
  • Honestly, I am finding I enjoy teaching my children much more that I had really thought I would! I wanted to home school them for their sakes and for the benefits they would receive from it, I never really considered that it would actually be fun for me and a blessing also! However, it is tons of fun and a huge blessing!
  • It has not been sad for me to have my children start Kindergarten as it has been for so many of my friends... it is a blessing to be able to spend so much time with them and to watch them learn and discover new things with such excitement.
  • I have found that they are not as clingy and needy of attention as they previously were at times before. It seems that by the time we finish school each day, they are content to play with each other or just by themselves without needing my constant attention... and (I hesitate to type this, as soon as I do it may change, but I will go ahead) they are fighting less, ( I did say less, not not at all :) This has made it nice in the afternoons as I am able to catch up on housework or whatever else I need to get done without so many constant interruptions.

So, all in all, this home school experience has been a wonderful one! I am very thankful that my husband and I have followed the Lord's leading and have embarked on this journey... I believe it will be an extremely fulfilling one, no matter how hard it is at times. Thanks to each and every one of you who have prayed for us as we have embarked on this journey. Please continue to pray, as we are just beginning... I am so very thankful it has been such a wonderful beginning!


There is absolutely nothing more fulfilling than doing what God has called you to do! Are you doing whatever it is that He is calling you to do?


post signature

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

so glad that it is going well for you....Continuing to pray with you..

Jennifer said...

So glad you all are enjoying this adventure so much...God always blesses above and beyond - when we are willing to follow His plan! :) Have another great week!

Jennifer said...

I am so glad that things are going well for you and the boys! How exciting it would be to see the eagerness of their little minds as they soak up every piece of knowledge you give them. The great thing is...you know what their minds are being fed because you are doing the feeding.

Congratulations!