Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Journey Has Begun...



Well, this week we officially began our journey into the world of homeschooling! We started on Monday morning, and I just wanted to share what my wonderful Lord blessed me with during my time with Him before I started my day... it just made my heart soar how He spoke to me through His Word!

I was a couple of days behind in my read through list, so I was playing catch up and read Psalm 78. I just love how God's timing is so perfect! He knew that I would need to read this on Monday morning and timed it just so...


Listen, O my people, to my instruction; Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old,
Which we have heard and known, And our fathers have told us.

We will not conceal them from their children, But tell to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, And His strength and His wondrous works that He has done.
For He established a testimony in Jacob And appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers That they should teach them to their children,

That the generation to come might know, {even} the children {yet} to be born, {That} they may arise and tell {them} to their children,

That they should put their confidence in God And not forget the works of God, But keep His commandments,

And not be like their fathers, A stubborn and rebellious generation, A generation that did not prepare its heart And whose spirit was not faithful to God.
Psalm 78:1-8


Through these verses God gave me His purpose and vision for calling me to homeschool our children! I was and am so excited! I knew God was calling me to do this, but to have words straight from Him detailing our purpose and vision just spurs me on...

Our purpose and vision for homeschooling our children:
  • To tell them the praises of the Lord, His strength, and His wondrous works;
  • To lead them to put their confidence in God;
  • To lead them to not forget God but to keep His commandments;
  • To lead and enable them to prepare their hearts and to have a spirit that is faithful to God.

Just wanted to share that! Our week has gone wonderfully so far... we have 3 days of homeschooling under our belt and we are all loving it! I am using Sonlight curriculum and could not be more pleased, I am so very thankful that the Lord led me to use this particular curriculum, I think it fits our family perfectly!

post signature

8 comments:

{:miss v:} said...

How exciting! You make me want to home school my son and he's only 14 months old!

Have fun!

Kelly said...

Congrats on homeschooling!!! My Mom homeschooled all 5 of us kids all the way through (well my youngest bro is in 6th grade this year). I'm so thankful she stuck it out even through the tough times...it's definitely worth it!

Take care,
Kelly

Tracy said...

How wonderful! Congrats on getting started on this endeavor. What a perfect passage you've chosen as a basis for your vision. Oh, I love that. Praying for you and your sweet boys. = )

Blessings,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that it going so well! Paul and David are so blessed to have such a wonderful mother and teacher! Have a blessed day!

Sandra

Jennifer said...

Very excited for all of you - I considered my opportunity to homeschool a true privilege and blessing! Looking forward to hearing about your journey!

sharon brobst said...

Isn't it wonderful whe God speaks to us directly through His word. It gives such comfort and encouragement.

Sweet friend you are being obedient to what God has called you to and that is so exciting. I am reading a book called "The MArketing of Evil" and just finished a chapter about what the agenda is in our school systems to literally brainwash our children. there is actual documentation on plans etc... the author states that the only way to protect our children these days is private or homeschool.

So you go girl...

Jennifer said...

Pray that your week ended with the same excitement that you started with.... :)

Deb Dereshkevich said...

That's the same curriculum we use and love it! Have fun as you embark on this adventure.