Monday, June 9, 2014

Remembering... with a thankful heart...

"O LORD my God, 
I cried to Thee for help, and 
Thou didst heal me."
Psalm 30:2

It is officially summertime.  When I think of summer now, my thoughts always drift back to the summer of 2010... the toughest summer in my life.  

I look back and I remember... 

I remember the excruciating physcial pain that could rarely be dulled.  I remember the hours of crying because of that pain, and trying hard to hide those tears from my kids, and even sometimes from my husband.  I remember how hard it was to do "normal" things because of the pain... it hurt to drive, to walk through the grocery store, to stand up and cook dinner, to vacuum, to sit in the lounge chairs at the pool, it even hurt to lie in the bed.  I remember how I had gone from running half marathons to being unable to even walk around the block.
But that is not all I remember...

I remember the great faithfulness of my God...
I remember how His mercies were and are new every morning...
I remember the love of friends who prayed for me and helped me...
I remember the comfort I found in the Word of God...
I remember the peace found when crying out to my Lord in prayer...
I remember how my Lord was strong for me when I was so very weak... 
I remember how He gently and graciously carried me through, in the palm of His hand...
I remember that there was not one day that He was not with me, there was no pain that He did not know about, no tear that He did not see come from my eyes...
I remember how He revealed to me that the excruciating pain I experienced with nothing compared to the pain He endured for me on the cross...
I remember that He was to me Emmanuel... God with us...  

Today I remember one of the hardest and toughest seasons of my life... and I remember that He never left my side, He carried me, and praise God, He healed me!

Today marks the 3 year 9 month anniversary of my healing!  How I praise Him for my healing, but I praise Him even more for the lessons learned in those dark and hard days, for His faithfulness, and for His constant loving presence and care.  

Thank you Lord for loving me, for carrying me through, and for healing me... may I never forget...


"Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me;
O LORD, be Thou my helper.
Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing;
Thou hast loosened my sackcloth 
and girded me with gladness;
That my soul may sing praise to Thee,
and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to Thee forever."
Psalm 30:10-12



I will remember (this is a link to a song you may enjoy, I love to sing it and remember all my Lord has done for me!



 post signature

No comments: