My husband was able to leave work a bit earlier than normal and join us at the park for some play time with friends... another dad was able to be there also, so they struck up a soccer game between the kids and the dads. Sometime during the game my husband took his wedding ring off and put it in the pocket in his pocket... he thought it would be secure there. Later during the game he had a bad crash, and down he went... well, unbeknownst to him,out went his wedding ring. He noticed as they were preparing to leave.
Friends stayed and helped search for a bit, but eventually everyone had to leave. The boys and I helped of course, but 9 pm rolled around and I brought the kids home to shower and go to bed; they had a big soccer game the next morning. My hubby had planned to stay and search till 10... 10:05 he was not home. I texted him, he replied back he was still searching and staying until at least 11:30, he wanted to sweep the entire field.
He was very diligent and very precise in his search. He had the field marked off with cones and a rope. As he finished a section he would move the cones and rope so that he would not research an area already searched, and so he would not miss a section. It was dark, so he was searching by flashlight.
As I thought about him out there at the park, by himself, in the dark, searching for such a small item in such a huge field, I was reminded of our Lord's diligence and perseverance in searching for His lost sheep. It reminded me of the following scripture passages:
Luke 15:4-7
4-7 “Suppose one of you had a hundred sheep and lost one. Wouldn’t you leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the lost one until you found it? When found, you can be sure you would put it across your shoulders, rejoicing, and when you got home call in your friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Celebrate with me! I’ve found my lost sheep!’ Count on it—there’s more joy in heaven over one sinner’s rescued life than over ninety-nine good people in no need of rescue.
Luke 15:8-10
“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ 10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
How thankful I am that my husband treasures our marriage and his wedding ring and what it represents! My heart is blessed that he would work so hard to find something so little, but yet means so much!
How wonderful that our Father in Heaven treasures each of His sheep, and that He is diligent and persevering in finding the one that is lost! Do you know some lost sheep that need to be found by their Father? Don't give up in praying for them... don't stop loving them... their Father is still searching, and one day He will find every single one that is His own!
Can you find the ring in the picture??
It only took my sweet husband about 5 hours!!













No comments:
Post a Comment